Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Case Study #177...

Happy Thursday! How are you this morning? It's been a cold, cold week here in Colorado with sub zero temps. Good for staying in and scrapping! I'm all wrapped up in my fleece blanket as I type this!

I'm delighted to have been invited to guest design this month  for Case Study Challenge. Each week they'll choose a previous card of mine that they like, create something from it, and at the same time I'll use it to inspire myself also! Why invent the wheel each time, right? Inspiration is everywhere! Here is the image we'll be using this week. If you'd like to see it in full, here is the original blog post.
I used the WOW card as my inspiration today for this card below!
What inspired me about the "Wow" card:

I was inspired by the flowing circles down the side (which could easily be interpreted with hearts, triangles or any other shape). In the original card, the circles were already embossed into the paper. Here I chose to add stamped buttons from the Button Up stamp set by Papertrey Ink, punched cardstock circles and enamel dots for my circular accents.
I also liked the large sentiment with the "wow" letter stickers, so I stamped a large sentiment with added text underneath to create a large text block on my card using Big Birthday Wishes. To mimic the large strip of paper at the top, I used two washi tapes from my stash. Last were the little chipboard arrows. Instead of small chipboard ones, I added one large cardstock die cut one below my sentiment cut with Cupid's Arrow. I hope you'll give this a whirl and play along! If you do, I'd love to see your take on it as well! I'll be back each week this month with another Case Study Challenge. What inspires YOU? :)


Bring On the Happy card:
(All supplies are by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Big Birthday Wishes, Button Up
INK: True Black, Raspberry Fizz, Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold by PTI; 
Soft Granite by Hero Arts
PAPER: white
DIES: Cupid's Arrow by PTI, misc. circle punches
OTHER: twine by PTI, enamel dots by My Mind'e Eye, washi tapes - unknown.

12 comments:

MichelleB said...

Love the cards - especially the new one!

maria f. said...

Love that Chupa chose my all-time fave cards of yours for the first challenge. Should I maybe cut into the PP PP that you inspired me to get?!?!? So far I've only cut into the chevron and striped pieces ;)

Anya said...

These cards are awesome! So bright and happy!

~amy~ said...

LOVE your cards!

Pat said...

LOVED your cards!

I didn't know you were an SLP, too! I'm not practicing now b/c I homeschool my 2 boys but I miss speech path sometimes...

Thanks for the inspiration!

Aimes said...

Beyond happy to have you on board as our muse this month! Loving this happy, bright design! :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Welcome to the Case Study...so cool to have you! Of course we love everything you do and it was fun to case you! Hugs ~S~

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, how fun, Danielle! Congratulations! I love those cards and the one you shared today, too!

GryA said...

Love Your Cards! I got sooo inspired!

Laura Davis said...

This is such a soft, and pretty card! Thanks for the inspiration!
Laura

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Cards & cool Pops of color (especially with winter blahs outside, these are refreshing)!! :)

Wida said...

congrats miss muse! Love the inspiration and the fresh vibe of the card today!