Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Case Study #178...

Happy Thursday! I'm back again this week with another card for Case Study Challenge. Each week they'll choose a previous card of mine that they like, create something from it, and at the same time I'll use it to inspire myself also! Why invent the wheel each time, right? Inspiration is everywhere! Here is the image we'll be using this week:

If you'd like to take a closer look at the inspiration card, here is the original blog post. This is the card that I made using the card above as inspiration! 

First, I liked how the rainbows at the top of the card looked stacked. I thought I could replicate that with a border die, so I used the Confetti Garland Borders die collection by Papertrey Ink with the Confetti Garland Borders Mini Stamp Set stamped onto the hearts.
The inspiration card had a black large sentiment in the center, so I replicated that with the Sending My Love stamp set. For the popped up sentiment, I stamped a second banner onto Sweet Blush cardstock with Raspberry Fizz ink and trimmed it out to pop it up over the stamped one on the card. I think this adds just a bit more color and interest.
And the last thing that inspired me was the little hanging heart on the inspiration card. I used a small heart die cut from the Confetti Garland Borders die again and sandwiched a piece of twine in between 2 hearts, then stapled it on my card.

Hope you are feeling inspired by my cards this month at Case Study Challenge, and I promise I'll get to leaving comments on your blogs soon! I've been overwhelmed with the Papertrey Ink anniversary festivities the last week and still have so much to do. But, I really want to see what you all are making this month! I'll stop by soon. Thank you for all your nice messages!

Moments card:
(All supplies are by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Sending My Love, Confetti Garland Borders
INK: Raspberry Fizz, Hawaiian Shores, Summer Sunrise, True Black
PAPER: Rustic White, Sweet Blush, Aqua Mist, Lemon Tart, Soft Stone
DIES: Confetti Garland Borders die collection
OTHER: twine, pearl by Melissa Frances, washi tape- unknown.

8 comments:

Tasnim said...

Both of your cards are beautiful in every way! I love your designs!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Heaven's above, I do love your remake of your beautiful card, Danielle! Spectacular "Valentine" of love for any time of the year! Hugs, Darnell

Reusing with Quilling said...

Both the cards are Fantastic !

jan said...

Adorable card!

~amy~ said...

Love both of your cards!

May Park said...

Such a sweet card!!! I really enjoyed drawing inspiration from your gorgeous card!

Kathy Mc said...

Very striking, Danielle ~ your inspiration and your newly created card!

Laura Davis said...

This is such a sweet card, your work is just stunning!
Laura