Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Case Study #179...

Hello there! I'm back again this week with another card for Case Study Challenge. Each week in February they'll choose a previous card of mine that they like, create something from it, and at the same time I'll use it to inspire myself also! Have you ever cased one of your own cards? I always forget to do this, but it's been fun this month. Why invent the wheel each time, right? Inspiration is everywhere! Even in your own work. ha So far we've done Case Study #177, #178 and here is #179...

It's a card of mine from last November. If you'd like to take a closer look at it, HERE is the original blog post. 


Below is the card that I made using the above as inspiration. Instead of placing a banner on the diagonal, I decided to use a die cut on the diagonal. This is the Filigree Border die by Papertrey Ink. I trimmed it from white cardstock and tied a piece of twine onto it in the holes. I used a very similar color palette to the card above. The circles on this paper were already embossed into the paper (by Pink Paislee's Luxe line).


Really sorry for the bad pics, it was not sunny out today when I tried to get photos of my card! I'll try to get better pictures in the morning. Anyway, I used the Bigger Blooms stamps and dies by Papertrey Ink with Sweet Blush, Aqua Mist and Harvest Gold ink. The big sentiment is stamped with Big & Bold Wishes.


Wish Big card:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Bigger Blooms, Big & Bold Wishes
INK: Sweet Blush, Aqua Mist, Harvest Gold by PTI (and Soft Granite by Hero Arts)
PAPER: Luxe by Pink Paislee
DIES: Bigger Blooms dies, Filigree Border die
OTHER: Papertrey Ink button twine.

8 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

This is stunning, Danielle! I love it!

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Gorgeous! TFS

Diana K said...

Just love this. Your creativity is endless.

Lea Lawson said...

Both cards are gorgeous!! I remember that first one...it is one of my faves of yours!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Fabulous design again.....love it! ~Silke~

Laura Davis said...

Sooooo beautiful, thanks for the inspiration!
laura

LEG Studios said...

So pretty, Danielle! I love the softness of the colors and your flower clustering especially. That embossed paper was a perfect choice to compliment!

Julie GM said...

Gorgeous! I went through your Insta feed this am & had to come visit your blog! It's been a while since my last visit & I don't even know why? I am loving every post too! I cannot wait to get back from p/u my daughter from school & getting started on some cards! Thank you for sharing your beautiful work!