Welcome to the blog tour...we hope you will find our Mother's Day projects and ideas inspirational!
I decided to make a bracelet for mom with Pink Paislee's Queen Bee cork buttons and brads! But any of Pink Paislee's cork buttons would work for this project...you could also use the 365 cork buttons or the Bayberry Cottage cork buttons.
Here's how I made this...
Step 1: Gather your supplies. You'll need 3 cork buttons and 3 brads by Pink Paislee, a bracelet, wire cutters, a hot glue gun and a hole puncher or Crop-a-dile. My mom gave me a big pack of these silver bracelets one time, so I thought I'd use one for this project.
Step 2: Snip an opening in the bracelet with wire cutters.
Step 3: Choose 3 cork buttons you want to use on your bracelet. The larger ones work the best. Punch 2 small holes in each cork to create buttons. Make SURE you get the holes as far apart as you can (or the width of the brad is fine). If the holes are too close together, the cork will rip when you bend it to get the bracelet through.
Step 4: Slide the cork buttons onto the bracelet. You will have to bend them a bit to get them to go on. I used the larger one in the center and 2 similar ones on the sides.
Step 5: Cut the prongs off the back of the brads with the wire cutters. Add a dab of hot glue in the center of each cork button and adhere the brads.
The cork buttons stay put nicely on the bracelet. For extra durability, you might want to add a dab of hot glue on the back of the cork buttons where the holes were punched as well. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!
I have one more thing to share before I go, a Mother's Day card:
1. Cut white cardstock 8 x 4 3/4". Fold in half for card base. Round the top right corner with a corner rounder.
2. Cut Bee Hive die cut paper 5" high x 2" wide. Adhere to right side of card.
3. Cut a piece of the Queen Bee Press Ons 4 3/4" x 2 1/2". Apply to the left side of card.
3. Adhere pleated ribbon to the back of the round die cut. Attach to card.
4. Adhere large cork button from Queen Bee cork buttons.
5. Print out saying, "To my mom, my best friend." Cut into a tag shape. Attach.
6. Adhere a smaller cork button.
7. Stamp 2 bees from the Queen Bee stamp set. Cut out and adhere. Pop up wings for dimension.
8. Cut 2 leaves from the Worker Bee paper. Distress the edges with your fingernail and attach to card.
Finished size: 5" x 4 1/2" (with everything hanging off included).
Please leave a comment here and then visit each of the following blogs for 11 more chances to win a $25 prize pack by Pink Paislee! Thanks for stopping in!