Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Make It Market: Tinsel & Tags...

One of the truly great joys for paper crafters during the holiday season is putting together coordinated wraps and tags for those we care about most.  Betsy's new kit takes this joy to a whole new level with keepsake ornament tags, trendy colors and patterns, gorgeous ribbons and trims, versatile stamps and innovative dies!  Create miniature winter wonderlands, layer perfectly planned images to create multi-color tags.  Each and every piece of this kit will be used to create masterpieces that will make your recipients smile with joy and wonder!

TINSEL & TAGS MAIN KIT CONTENTS:

-Tinsel & Tags stamp set (2 sheets)
-Tinsel & Tags Sprigs stamp set (mini sheet+ label)
-Tinsel & Tags 8-1/2" x 11" paper pad (18 sheets)
-Tinsel & Tags Basics die collection
-Tinsel & Tags Scenery die collection
-(6) Clear Tag Globe Halves (3 whole ornaments)
-Faux Snow (24 gram jar)



TINSEL & TAGS TRIMMINGS KIT CONTENTS:

-Tinsel & Tags Holiday House die
-1-7/8" Natural Clothespins (12)
-Miniature Hand-painted Resin Deer (4)
-Miniature Sisal Tree Collection (6)
-Silver Tinsel Trim (1 yard)
-Tiffany Blue Adhesive Scalloped Border Trim (1 yard)
-1/8" Black Grosgrain Stitch Print Ribbon (1 yard)
-1-1/2" Red Ticking Stripe Luxe Cotton Ribbon (5 yards, divided)
-Miniature Artificial Pine Garland (5 feet)

The total retail cost of the Tinsel & Tags Main Kit is $100.  The total retail cost of the Tinsel & Tags Trimmings Kit is $35. There will be a limited number of these exclusive kits available, so be sure to get yours tomorrow! The Tinsel & Tags Kit will be available for sale beginning on October 1st at 10pm EST, only at Papertrey Ink. Read all the details on Nichole's blog or contact Customer Service with any questions.
______

Here are some things I made with the kits.
First, an ornament...

The dies in the kit were used to cut the 3 layers: trees in the background, the house in the center and the deer in the front. I stamped them with the stamps in the kit, then stacked them one on top of the other, layering them with pop dots. Cute, but not quite complete...it still needs a tiny bit of magic, don't you think? :)

Next, I added some of the "snow" from the kit. I just used my finger to dab wet glue over the tree tops, house top and on the snowy hills, and then added a few flakes. The snow transforms the whole look! I love this little winter scene!

Now it has that "Wow, how did you make that?" factor... :) But wait, not done yet! You could add this to a card, but I wanted to make an ornament with it.
To back the ornament, I cut one of the large die tags in red cardstock and then added a half round ornament bulb to the front. The tinsel was glued around the outside of the ornament. I used a twisty tie from the kit as the hook to hang it. The kids could get in on making these for teachers, grandparents, etc!

Next, a quick card made with the ribbon slider frame die and the patterned papers.

The smaller tag in the center is preprinted and trimmed out with the tag die. See the little blue ribbon? It's self adhesive! I peeled off the backing and added it to the larger ribbon.

When I first started with the kit, I trimmed out all the smaller tags from the preprinted tag sheet with the die and cut an A2 size of each paper, so I could have some of each right in front of me to work with. It inspires me to see it all in one place and ready to go!

Below are the larger preprinted tags in the kit that you get to trim out with the ribbon slider tag die. I love how it embosses around the frame also.

On this gift box, I used one of the larger ones. The Noel tag was already so beautiful, I didn't want to add much to it. The die that matches with these tags also cuts the slots, so you can slide the ribbon right through! Isn't that gorgeous how it slides onto the ribbon? It looks so professional.

The cute box was in the kit and measures roughly 8" wide x 4" high x 1 1/2" deep. Would be a great gift with a stack of cards inside! I just wrapped it with a piece of patterned paper from the kit that I cut slightly wider than the tag. On the Noel tag, I added some die cut and stamped greenery, a banner and berries to give the tag a tiny bit more dimension.

To create the bow, I just wrapped the two ends together with a twisty tie in the kit and trimmed the ends of the bow into a V shape. I attached the ends of the ribbon down to the box, so they would stay down like this.

Can you see the cross-hatch in the paper? That is such nice paper that these are printed on. I love it. Beautiful!

Last is one more ornament that I attached to a gift bag.
The half ornaments come in the kit. All I added in this ornament was a large tag cut from the patterned paper, a mini tree and some snow. Couldn't be easier! After the gift is given, the recipient not only has a gift inside the bag, but the ornament to keep as well.
What is your favorite thing about the kit?
Betsy has some great videos on what's in the kit and how to assemble these beautiful wintery scenes HERE on Nichole's blog. Make sure to check those out! Visit Nichole's blog, Betsy, Dawn, Heather and Melissa for more inspiration with Tinsel & Tags!

21 comments:

Holly Saveur said...

So gorgeous and cute!

Judy said...

Great ideas! Can't wait to "copy" them:)

Noreen said...

I like the round tags, and especially the tag that has slits to run ribbon through! Gifts will be so decorative with these!

Colleen said...

Oh what fun...you have showed us awesome things with this kit. You are so clever! Did you know part of your words in describing your project goes along the right side of the picture? And it is only 1 - 3 letters, so it breaks up the words and makes it a little difficult to read. Maybe it is just my computer, but it is that way all the time, just thought I should mention it.

Maria said...

Love this kit !!

Tracey McNeely said...

Danielle your cards and ornaments are gorgeous! Can't wait to get the kit and them come back here again for inspiration!

Alanna said...

Your ornament is breathtaking. So many wonderful details. I love the card you made as well and it's so fun to see all those tags already cut out.

Stella said...

Oh my.....my jaw hit the floor; I love every creation made by you.....wow wow wow!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this kit is so amazing! I love what you did with it, Danielle! Fabulous job!

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Danielle,

This is a SUPERB kit, your creations are precious, thanks for the inspiration!

Cariños,
María Alba

Diana K said...

You made such stunning projects with the kit! So inspiring, can't wait to get started.

Cathy Lee said...

WOW! Fabulous ideas for this kit, Danielle.

Hugz,
Cath

Marybeth said...

Love them all!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I love this kit and all your gorgeous creation!

Carolynn said...

Your special touch with this amazing kit is classy and gorgeous!

Judy said...

I love it all! Beautiful work:)

Debra said...

Adorable card and tags

Denise Irving said...

just love these cute ornaments and such great ideas!

Debra said...

Your use of the products is creative and fun!

Anonymous said...

All so incredibly cute and creative!! I'm just amazed at the versatility of this kit.

Cristina said...

Wow.. this kit is fantastic! I love what you created!