Wednesday, March 25, 2015

On trend: sequins...

Sequins are HOT right now! They can add so much to a card!

Have you been looking for new ways to use sequins, or aren't sure what to do with all those sequins you have? I've written a blog post for Gossamer Blue today that explains why I love sequins, what they do for your design and different ways you can use them! Follow the link above for the story on sequins!

On this card, I've used the On Trend: Sequins from My Mind's Eye from the Gossamer Blue Bits & Pieces kit from March. They come in cute colors and shapes (triangles!), so I made little flowers out of them to add over this gorgeous floral Life Pages card.

Here are a couple of other cards made with sequins lately, in case you missed them, a sequin banner and gold foil heart with random sequins.

Swing over to the Gossamer Blue blog for a list of ways sequins add to your design and how you can use them creatively in your next design----> On Trend: Sequins!

13 comments:

Larissa Heskett said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!:-) SQUEAL!! On my wy to check it out!! Have a Fabulous Week!!!

Nora Noll said...

Oh so lovely!! It looks so elegant and just beautiful!!

j.leija said...

How clever of you to layer them like a flower! I love.

Also I giggle anytime I hear/see anyone use the phrase "so hot right now." Bc it makes me think of Zoolander. "Hansel (aka Owen Wilson) is so hot right now." It's so silly and I love that about it!

Diana K said...

Everything you do is so trendy and pretty and I just can't stop looking at every little detail. Love this one!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card !! You are awesome:-)

Tami McBeain said...

Love, love, love this card and I love the mix of shaped sequins just perfect!.

Leigh Penner said...

Gorgeous card, Danielle!

Virginia L. said...

My first time seeing a triangle sequins--Wow! Your card is stunning! Love love your artful blog, Danielle!

Greta said...

I do need help using sequins, so I'm off to check your Gossamer Blue post. LOVE this gorgeous, modern creation, Danielle!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is super pretty!!!!

jintyoo7 said...

So very lovely :-)

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty. Love the different shapes and how you stacked them. Pretty papers too.

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful I will take your word for it. I am going to start using more sequins. Thanks for the info on the printer last week . I got a printer this weekend and I posted about it on my blog today thanks for your input it was very helpful.
Have a blessed day, DIANA L.