Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Stamping patchwork...

Well, hello there. My friend Claudia came over last weekend, and we were able to do some stamping and card making! So I decided to make a few things with the Quilted: Summer stamp set and dies by Papertrey Ink just for fun. I am a quilter at heart, so I just love this set and the fun patterns you can make with it. The design for these cards was originally by Betsy, which you can see in this post. I just used some different colors, added a little bit of Enchanted Evening, a pretty navy blue. Love how it looks with the Aqua Mist and Pure Poppy.

The red borders were stamped with a little dash line from Quilted: Summer. I think it was meant to be a stick for the pinwheel, but it sure looks cute as a border also!
Ended up making 3 of these with different sentiments and just love how they turned out! I've used different sentiments on each. "Just because" is from the Scripted stamp set. "Warmest thanks" is from Bloomers.

The "sunshine" sentiment is from Quilted: Summer.

These were quite easy to do after I had the first one done and could copy where all of the colors would go. The trick for me was to start with the aqua one in the top center. That way I could center the triangles on the card quite easily. Added some twine and a flower die cut from Quilted: Summer. Might have to make more of these for little card sets!

You might have noticed at the top of my blog, I've started a "SHOP" link. Be on the look out for some cards for sale soon! :) Bye for now!

Quilted: Summer cards:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)STAMPS: Quilted: Summer, Scripted, Bloomers
INK: Aqua Mist, Enchanted Evening, Summer Sunrise, Pure Poppy, Simply Chartreuse by PTI; Soft Granite by Hero Arts
PAPER: white
DIES: Quilted: Summer
OTHER: twine.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have these stamps and ink pads but I can never get a good impression. They always come out blotchy. What am I doing wrong?

Cori said...

Love this!

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful cards and such wonderful stamping :-)

Natalie Winterstein said...

Gorgeous! I love them! :)

Diana K said...

Totally gorgeous, Danielle. Swooning on the colour combo and the border that adds that extra special je ne sais quoi.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful bright card Danielle - love it :-)

Mindy B. said...

These are gorgeous! I love the contrast and the quilted feel! Always amazed to see what you come up with :)

Cindy R. said...

Love the color combo you used this time! I too am a quilter at heart... So maybe I need this stamp set! Love it!
Hope things are going better for you now! Enjoy your summer!

Leigh Penner said...

These are fabulous, Danielle!

claudia shadler said...

I remember these! you made more of them :) I always have fun when we meet and craft :)