Thursday, October 1, 2015

Stylish Sentiments: Holiday revisited...

Each month the Papertrey Ink Senior Design Team revisits an older stamp set to give you extra project ideas in between the fun countdown posts that go on each month...and guess what? Little ol' me was asked to be a part of the senior posts, so you'll be seeing more posts from me here and there! I'm thrilled to be a part of such talent!

Today we are revisiting a stamp set called Stylish Sentiments: Holiday. I can't tell you how much I love the fonts in this set!

I've made two cards and have paired Stylish Sentiments: Holiday with the Peaceful Pinecones stamp set and the Holly Jolly dies.

First, I used True Black cardstock for the base and embossed the Stylish Sentiment saying and Peaceful Pinecones in white. I added a strip of patterned paper at the top from the next Make It Market kit, All Through the House (coming out tonight at 10pm EST)!

Happiness and Joy card:
STAMPS: Stylish Sentiments: Holiday, Peaceful Pinecones
INK: Versamark
PAPER: True Black, Pure Poppy, Spring Moss cardstock; patterned paper from Make It Market: All Through the House kit
DIES: Holly Jolly
OTHER: white embossing powder, sequins, hole punch, twine.
______

On the next card, I stamped the Stylish Sentiments: Holiday sentiment in the center with Pure Poppy ink, then added a Peaceful Pinecone stamping in the corner. I dipped the pinecones in Classic Kraft ink, then Dark Chocolate before stamping and just love how it created more depth and a shadow effect to the pinecones. (Plus the lighter area of the pinecone allows the sentiment to show through.)

Then I happened to have one of these Embroidered Frames: Dots cut outs lying on my table from a previous project. I love how it framed out the sentiment, but it covered up my pinecone stamping. So I die cut and stamped one more stem to the pine with Peaceful Pinecones dies and placed it over the top of the frame in the corner.

Added the finished piece over a Make It Market paper again, the red stripe from the All Through the House kit. The wooden stars were colored with a red marker and are from the Make It Market mini kit: Holiday Folk. Hope you enjoyed these ideas. This is one of my favorite stamp sets ever! I'm inspired to make more with it!

Cheer Throughout the Year card:
STAMPS: Stylish Sentiments: Holiday, Peaceful Pinecones
INK: Pure Poppy, Classic Kraft, Dark Chocolate, Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado
PAPER: white; patterned paper from Make It Market: All Through the House kit
DIES: Peaceful Pinecones, Embroidered Frames: Dots die
OTHER: wooden stars, red marker.
______

For more Stylish Sentiments: Holiday ideas, visit: Betsy, Dawn, Heather,  and Melissa. Here is the link to the October newsletter.

15 comments:

Ann said...

Love them both. Hope your doing well.

Chris Nixon said...

Congratulations, Danielle! I am so thrilled that you have been asked to do this and can't wait to see even more of your creations! Yay, us and Yay, PTI for selecting you.

jan metcalf said...

Congrats on Senior Design Team! Lovely cards too!

Cindy H. said...

Congratulations, Danielle! Your cards are beautiful!

Jill Norwood said...

Congratulations on becoming a Senior Design Team Member! Yay for you and for us who love your gorgeous designs! Love these beautiful cards using two of my all time favorite holiday sets! :)

Kay Miller said...

Oh your projects are stunning Danielle! I love the touch of black with the traditional Christmas colors! Your photography is always so amazing too! I want to thank you so much for the nice comment this morning and for being so sweet and supportive! I'm so happy to be on the PTI team with you!

Melissa said...

Congratulations once again Dani! Such a treat for me to get to continue to work with you...your designs are always so beautiful and special!

Diana K said...

I know I left a comment earlier! Beautiful cards, Danielle, perfectly perfect. So happy for you (and me) that you're on the Senior Design Team. You really deserve it!

cmoch said...

You have done a wonderful job, again!

Stella said...

Congrats being a Senior Design Team member at Papertrey Ink. So well deserved! I love your brigth and fresh designs. These cards made me stare....:)

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Danielle,

Congrats on such a deserving position! Your cards are GORGEOUS!!!!

Cariños,
María Alba

SueB said...

Congrats on the Sr. Design team appointment and thanx for the inspiration!

claudia shadler said...

luv these and the borders with the peppermint pp- gorgeous!

CS

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful cards Danielle! Your ideas always inspire me, and I'm especially loving the card with the black and red...who knew a Christmas card could be so stunning with black in it?!! And congratulations on being added to the senior group of designers...I know I am going to love seeing more of your work!! :0)

jintyoo7 said...

Congratulations Danielle, a well-deserved appointment :-)
Always adore your creations, and these are no exception!