Since I haven't done any scrapping lately, I wanted to share a tutorial I made for Prima Hybrid a few weeks ago on how to create a shaped card with Photoshop. These are so much fun to make! I have Photoshop CS2, but I believe Photoshop Elements is very similar. If you have any questions, let me know! Click on photos to see them larger.
Supplies you will need:
*White cardstock or matte finished photo paper: one 8 ½” x 11” piece and one 6 x 12” piece,
*Digital kit and digital saying (I used Carrie Stephen’s Santiago Sunrise kit and Warm Fuzzies kit from Prima Hybrid.),
*3 white Prima flowers (I used Prima #140441.),
*Glitter and glue (I used Glue Dots to adhere the flowers and small butterfly.),
*Twine from craft store.
1. Open a new file that is 8.5 x 11”. Click on the “blob” looking shape in the tool bar. At the top you will see “shape”. Select the butterfly shape. Draw with your mouse the butterfly shape 6” x 5” (or smaller if you wish to have a smaller card).
2. Open the patterned paper that you will use on your butterfly. I used Carrie Stephen’s Santiago Sunrise Double Diamond background at Prima Hybrid. Resize it to 6” x 6” by clicking on “Image”, “Image Size”, then put in 6 inches x 6 inches for the measurements.
Click the move tool (arrow and little cross), then drag your paper over the top of your butterfly. Click Control-Alt-G and the paper will take the shape of the butterfly.
3. Repeat this process to create another smaller butterfly. I used Carrie’s Santiago kit again with the Sunrise Cherry paper. I also opened the long rub on from the kit and dragged it over to my butterfly for the body. If you click Control-T, you can resize it to fit the body.
4. Open a sentiment to put on the front of your card. I used Carrie Stephen’s Warm Fuzzies kit from Prima Hybrid that says “Perfectly Sweet”. Using the move tool again, drag it over to your butterfly, and click Control-T to resize to fit.
5. Select the Type tool in the tool in the tool bar (T). Add the word “How” right above sentiment and click the check mark at the top of the screen to accept it.
6. Print page out onto white cardstock. Cut out butterflies. Fold a white piece of 6” x 12” cardstock in half for the card base. Attach the large butterfly to front of card with the left top wing ON the fold. Cut around butterfly but do NOT CUT on fold.
7. Attach glitter to small butterfly. Wrap twine around left top wing and tie in bow. Attach small butterfly over top and 2 Prima flowers. Adhere another flower to bottom right hand wing near saying. You are done! This card would be cute for a baby card or a nice thank you. Finished size is 6” x 5”.