Monday, June 6, 2011

easy wedding invitations and gift wrap...

Wedding week at the Crate Paper blog has officially started...and I get to go first! :) I wanted to try creating a timeless wedding invitation and keep it fairly simple, so it could be easily mass-produced. I layered vellum over white cardstock and used my computer to print out the invitation.

Papers are Crate Paper's Portrait line, die is a Papertrey Ink die called Turning a New Leaf, then I added some twine and burlap from the craft store.
Stop over to Crate Paper's blog to see the full step-by-step instructions for this wedding invitation!

Thought I'd also show you a peek at a little package I mailed out to a customer today. Sorry about the bad photo! The photos of it didn't turn out that great, but I had already mailed it out. I wrapped kraft paper around a packaged set of cards and added a Crate Paper calendar paper, Morex ribbon in Sage Green, some handmade burlap flowers, a Webster's bird, and seam binding. Everything is hot glued on to make sure it stays during shipping! I stamped a "for you" stamp in Ripe Avocado. Stamp is from the Mat Stack 2 Collection.
I punched a 2" leaf from the Portrait paper by Crate Paper to add my name on the back and added a Melissa Frances resin photo corner to the white graph paper.

I hope my customer likes it! :) I think pretty packaging makes opening the gift even more exciting.

I don't have an Etsy shop open yet, but if there is anything that you want to purchase or need a special order, please email me: dflanders71@hotmail.com!

9 comments:

angel said...

beautyful:)

Evgenia said...

unusual and adorable!

Suzanne said...

Love the invitation, and the packaging is gorgeous!

Mara said...

Hi Danielle!
And I love their work ... they are beautiful!
xx

Karen said...

Both are absolutely gorgeous! I love the flower you made with the twine.

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [07 Jun 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Jess said...

So it was my amazing husband that ordered that LOVELY package from you!! He gave the little bundle of awesomeness to me this morning for our 1 year anniversary. He's such a great supporter of my cards, and he wanted me to continue to be inspired. He knows I am your biggest fan ever. The packaging for this all was Amazing!! I loove those burlap flowers. They're perfect! I can't believe this stuff was for me! :) I can't even tell you how excited I am to own some of your awesome cards! They are too wonderful to give away. I will keep them all for inspiration! I just want to thank you sooo much for sending us this package. All of it is absolutely beautiful. I can't stop staring at it all! I have seen some of your work at Right at Home, and ogle over it, and this is a million times cooler! Thank you!!!!!

anne said...

I want your wedding invitations so badly. They really are awesome. Very beautiful.

Send Wedding Flowers said...

They are so gorgeous. I love the colours and the use of the string. Thank you for sharing your wonderful creations!