Friday, December 2, 2011

December countdown with SCT...

Hi everyone! How is the shopping coming along? I have been without a car, so I've done the majority of my shopping online this year, but I still have to get stocking stuffers, etc. Waiting for everything to arrive, so I can get my family's packages mailed out! We are putting up the Christmas tree this weekend.

I have a quick and simple stamped card to share with you today. Scrapbook & Cards Today Magazine is hosting a December Countdown on their site this year running from Dec. 1 - 24th. There will be a new card or project featured each day. Today they are featuring a card by ..... me!
You can view complete instructions at the link above.

Basically, it's a VERY simple card. I stamped the Background Basics: Houndstooth in gray, then the Stylish Sentiments: Holiday saying in black, and last filled in some of the empty spaces with the stars from Stylish Sentiments in red ink. I tied on a piece of Scrap Pantry twine and attached the finished front to a white card base. That's it!
A doable card for the holidays, right?

8 comments:

Kathy said...

This is one AMAZING card! Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful idea over at SCT!

Elizabeth said...

You always work wonders with stamps! I look at each of your stamped cards and think to myself I can do that, but never manage to pull it off like you do, amazing stuff!!!

I did most of my shopping online too this year, I loved it! I still need stocking stuffers as well but I like that part of shopping!!!

Have a great weekend Danielle! I can't wait to see photos of your finished floors!!
e.

Anonymous said...

Very cute card! I love the stamping :-)

Kathy Martin said...

Very pretty card!

Elisa said...

it´s so beautiful!!!!

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Well I absolutely LOVE this card. From the colours used right through to the layout, simple but so striking.

Mary Gunn FUNN said...

Nicely made card.

TenSGal said...

just love this "simple" or as you say "doable" card! So absolutely perfect!