Tuesday, February 14, 2012

You spin me right 'round.... (can't get that song out of my head!)

The new Movers & Shakers dies designed by Nichole Heady for Papertrey Ink were designed to allow you to create interactive elements on your cards! There are several different dies that will be available on the 15th of this month with this set: Spinners, Poppers, Sliders, and Zippers. I am super excited about these and can't wait to see what everyone has made with their assigned die! The possibilities are endless. I love that!

My assignment was to use the Straight Track die from the Movers & Shakers: Spinners die set.
The item on this card that moves is the yellow star - it slides up and down the track and spins around! It's very easy to create this interactive element. Let me show you...

First, you'll cut a piece of cardstock, then place the straight track die on your cardstock and run it through your Cuttlebug or other die cut machine. You'll want to cut the circles as well with the other die in this set (Spinners).

Since I wanted to back my card with dark cardstock (to represent nighttime with my stars), I cut the little circles from black also, so it wouldn't show as much. You'll stack up the circles, adhere them together (with the 2 small ones in the center) and slide the finished sandwich onto the track. I attached my star to the circle with pop dots, so it was raised up a bit and easier to grab . The circle below isn't attached to anything, so it can slide.
Here is the star in action - it slides up and down and twirls around.
The stamps I used are the Movers & Shakers: Sentiments and Simply You (both go with these dies). I also added the cute arrows and stars from the older Postmarks stamp set.


You are What Happened card:
Stamps: Movers & Shakers Sentiments, Simply You, Postmarks
Ink: Enchanted Evening, Pure Poppy, Hawaiian Shores, True Black
Paper: Enchanted Evening, True Black cardstock, Pink Paislee Snow Day paper (graph)
Dies: Movers & Shakers: Spinners
Other: Basic Grey brads.
------------

I have one more example using the Straight Track. Notice I used it vertically in the first card and horizontally on this one. I used the Sending You and Postmarks stamps to create a little sliding mailbox.

I used the same technique here on this card and attached the mailbox to a circle under the track with pop dots. The mailbox slides back and forth.
I cut a little slot in the mailbox to hold the mail. The mail was made with the Friendship Jar Spring Fillers stamps.


Sending You Birthday Wishes card:
Stamps: Sending You, Postmarks, Friendship Jar Spring Fillers
Ink: Pure Poppy, Hawaiian Shores, True Black
Paper: Aqua Mist patterned paper, kraft and white cardstock, Pink Paislee Snow Day paper (graph)
Dies: Sending You, Movers & Shakers: Spinners
Other: Twinery twine, machine stitching.
------------

Fun, right? I can visualize interactive balloons, clouds, birds - and all kinds of interactive things on cards!

Grab the Movers & Shakers quickly before they sell out - I know they'll be very popular! Now visit the other team members to see more of these fun elements. I can't wait to see what they've made.

18 comments:

Kelly S. said...

UGH, Danielle, you are killing me! I had Friendship Jar Spring Fillers forever and never used it as much as I should. I sold it and now I WANT IT BACK! The Sending You dies (especially that little arch) are one of my fave collections and your mailbox is GENIUS! Totally adorable spinner cards :)

Sonia said...

Your cards are FANTASTIC Danielle! That sliding mailbox is awesome! Thank you for sharing :)

Unknown said...

Now that mailbox is "to die for" cute!! Yes, there are many things to envision using for these cute interactive cards!!

Tami McBeain said...

Wowie, love the cards! So cleaver to use the "Sending You" die to create a mailbox, brilliant!

June K said...

I love both your cards. I especially love the mailing box and how it slides back and forth. Such pretty colors too. Thank you for making this February anniversary month so special (well, as you do every month). It's been a fun month.

Anonymous said...

Both cards are fabulous!

Gabby said...

Wow! What fun dies to make slider cards so much easier to make than by hand! Love 'em! Very cute and colorful sample cards. :)

Elaine A said...

Danielle -

These are just so sweet! I love how they turned out. Great job!

Elaine Allen

Cheryl said...

Brilliant mailbox card! Love it!

Anonymous said...

oooh, how fancy and fun!

Dee said...

Both your cards are so cleverly done, but my favorite is the mailbox one. Delightful, and would love that card in my own mailbox!

Helen L said...

Fun and beautiful Cards!!! I love your ideas for each of them!!

Bee's Zen Garden said...

Beautiful cards! :-D

Tigriswillreign said...

Using that Sending You die as a mailbox was pure GENIUS!! Terrific projects!

Diana Waite said...

wow these are AMAZING!

Elisabeth said...

Très joli, original et astucieux. J'aime beaucoup l'idée. Bravo

Gerlinde said...

very beautiful cards...Gerlinde from vienna

Bobby said...

Really lovely, now off to browse the rest of your blog!