Sunday, October 27, 2013

CUPPA card kit by Studio Calico...

Studio Calico's November kits are almost ready, they're being revealed at midnight tonight!

This month I received the CUPPA card kit (here's a little sneak)...
...the card kit add-on, CINNAMON SPICE (another little sneak)...

...and GINGERBREAD, the scrapbook add-on #1. Fore more photos of what's in each kit, visit the links!

I was inspired by all of these kits and ended up mixing and matching on most of my projects!

First is my main kit only card made with CUPPA. On the "Thank You" card, I used the Prima chalk ink that came in the main card kit, stamped thank you, then clear embossed it on vellum. I layered it over some patterned papers from the card kit with some of the star confetti sandwiched in between. Added a strip of the cute washi at the top! (Everything you see is from the kit except the twine and vellum.)
The arrow is stamped and cut out and adhered over the top.




Next, another card where I just played around with the Cuppa stamps and some fun ink colors! I used mostly the main card kit, but added the star pin from the card kit add-on, CINNAMON SPICE.

(Blue-gray ink is from the kit, and the Harvest Gold/Raspberry Fizz/Melon Berry/ New Leaf inks are by Papertrey Ink.)
I made the butterfly with the washi tape in the kit by cutting strips of it and adding it to a piece of cardstock, then I placed a butterfly die from Papertrey Ink (Love Lives Here) over the top and die cut it with my Cuttlebug machine.
On this one, I stamped the wreath to create the background (main card kit). Added the stamped hearts and a "special delivery" sentiment from the main card kit stamp set! Super cute stamps this month!!! You won't be disappointed!
Don't you love these little bow clips from GINGERBREAD? I slid it onto the ribbon and added the gold bow sticker over the top. Another trick on this card...see the edges? That is washi tape.
Here I used the main card kit stamps again in the background, then I added a few things from the card kit add-on (the chipboard) and GINGERBREAD (believe sticker and patterned paper). 
The snowflakes were die cut with Papertrey Ink's Fancy Flakes.
This one is made mostly with Gingerbread, but the wreath stamp and bow are from the main card kit. 
I fell in love with the Heidi Swapp sticker words and had to have them!



This paper was in the main card kit and I had to give it a try. I'm not usually into black, but I thought mixed with the sparkly Thickers, it would make an elegant card!

To get the white splotchy background, I used washi tape and stuck it to the paper, then pulled it off. Created this cool effect!
Last but not least, one of my favorites this month. I made a gate-fold card. It opens in the center, and would work great for a gift card holder! Let me explain how.
To create this card, I cut a strip 11" long and marked the center with a pencil, then folded the two ends in to meet in the middle. I rounded the two center corners. The whole card was embossed with a dot Cuttlebug Embossing Plate. I wrapped it with the wire ribbon and added the bow clip to hold the ribbon in place. This way you can slide the clip off to remove the ribbon and open it up! The clip also doubles as a money or gift card holder! Slide some money on the inside of the card and clip it under the bow.

The wire ribbon is really neat to curl and stays in this shape! I added the button from Cinnamon Spice, and the 25 chipboard and "merry" from the Gingerbread kit. The washi tape serves as a cute decoration for the envelope!


Hope you'll grab a Studio Calico kit today, they are lots of fun!

4 comments:

Holly Saveur said...

Such gorgeous cards Danielle..love them!

sophie said...

I don't think cards can get more amazing than this! you are my card super hero!

Leigh Penner said...

Super pretty cards, Danielle!

Jill Norwood said...

Danielle these are all GORGEOUS!