Saturday, December 13, 2014

Introducing Big Hugs...

We are in the midst of the Papertrey Ink countdown, and today we have a new stamp set and coordinating dies to show you that will be released on Dec. 15th at 10 pm EST called Big Hugs. Who couldn't use a hug card, right? I know there are days when I could sure use one. :)
On this card, I've used watercolor pencils to create the background, added the "hugs" die cut with the new Big Hugs dies and used the Big Hugs stamps for the sentiment.
Rainbow Hugs card:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Big Hugs
INK: True Black; Soft Granite by Hero Arts
PAPER: Watercolor paper- Canson
DIES: Big Hugs
OTHER: Watercolor pencils.
______

On this next one, I cut out the Hugs out of watercolor paper and left it out, then backed it with another piece of paper. I drew my own flowers and leaves with the watercolor pencils and added water over the top to make them look painted. I've got a video below to show you how to do this!

Because You Can Never Have Too Many card:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Big Hugs
INK: True Black
PAPER: Watercolor paper - Canson
DIES: Big Hugs
OTHER: Watercolor pencils, sequins - Pretty Pink Posh.
______

Last, I used the Make It Market: Beautiful Brushstrokes stamps from an older Make It Market kit from Papertrey Ink with Big Hugs to create this one. These flowers were stamped onto watercolor paper instead of drawn on like I did with the first two cards.

When My Arms Can't Reach card:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Big Hugs, Beautiful Brushstrokes
INK: True Black, Raspberry Fizz, Sweet Blush, New Leaf, Spring Moss; 
Soft Granite - Hero Arts
PAPER: Watercolor paper - Canson, gray cardstocks - Bazzill
DIES: Edgers #4 Collection
OTHER: Watercolor pencils, twine, stapler.
______

I've put together a video of the first two card backgrounds if you'd like to see my process working with these watercolor pencils. Enjoy!
All of the new December products will be available for purchase on Dec. 15th at 10 pm EST at Papertrey Ink. The other Papertrey Ink ladies have more "hugs" for you:

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Just beautiful! I wish my random attempts looked as good as yours. Love the sweet flowers you drew on...simplicity at it's best!:)

Patty J said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your techniques, I forgot how much fun the pencils can be.

jan metcalf said...

Pretty cards and pretty sentiments!

Barb W said...

Danielle, Thank you for the video. I absolutely love your cards today. I have stayed away from the watercolor idea until today. You have sold me. Your video makes it look so easy for someone like me that can't draw a straight line with a ruler! :) I can't wait to experiment CASEing your cards.

Diana K said...

Stunning projects, but that last card is the bomb!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are all so fabulous, Danielle!

jintyoo7 said...

Stunning watercolor cards, Danielle! Thank you for taking the time to make a video ;o)

Larissa Heskett said...

AWESOME!! I LOVE these Cards for today and your AMAZING Water Color Pencil Technique Video!! I LOVE Water Color Pencils!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS Holiday Weekend!! =)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! All of them 😄😄

BJ Searcy said...

So pretty. Love the technique with the pencils! Thanks for sharing the tutorial. Now I want to try this..Happy Dance!

Anonymous said...

Wow - great technique!! Thanks for showing us how you did it. Those pencils sound like a great find - I foresee a trip to Hobby Lobby for me this afternoon! Hope my store has them. :)

uncbballfan said...

Wow, Wow, Wow! Danielle - love ALL your cards today, but that second one is just the sweetest, all the more so because it is uniquely you. Thanks for the video. Time to dig out my watercolor pencils again; you've given me the spark to try again!

Holly Saveur said...

Gorgeous cards and great tutorial!

Kathryn A said...

Beautiful! And thanks for the video to see how you did these cards!

Tammy said...

Thanks, Danielle for the awesome video! You are so talented! I love the watercolor look and you nail it every time!!

Kathy Krug said...

Love the water color background and how you created the negative space with the die.

Janet B. from WV said...

I am in love with your projects today, Danielle! Off to search for watercolor paper & pencils now...

Grace said...

Loved the video. The cards are amazing

Trish said...

I enjoyed your video demonstrating the techniques you used on these beautiful cards. Thanks, Danielle

Alice Golden said...

Love these! the watercolor techniques are great, but darn... had resisted this set up till now. ;)