Sunday, April 12, 2015

Introducing Pencil Me In...

Today is a fun group post with the Papertrey Ink team, and we are all introducing some cute new products that are great for personalizing gifts for your little book worms or your favorite teachers.

First up is a quick card. I used the new Pencil Me In stamp set and Pencil Me In Patterned Paper Collection on the card. The edge of the card was cut with the new Moments Inked: Edged die. The pencil on the card was die cut with the Pencil Me In dies.

Also above you can see some customized pencils I made. The cute patterned papers I used, Pencil Papers Patterned Paper Collection, are adhesive-backed and have a little open label where you can stamp a name or icon on the front. I used the Pencilgrams stamp set to stamp my daughter's name (Kati) on all of the labels before wrapping them around my pencils. What's fun is there are other icons in the stamp set, one of them being a heart, and Kati always signs her name with a heart at the top of her "i". So I had to replicate that on her pencils! She'll love it!

Write Stuff card and Customized Pencils:
STAMPS: Pencil Me In, Pencilgrams
INK: Aqua Mist, Orange Zest, Classic Kraft, True Black, Hibiscus Burst, Pure Poppy
PAPER: Pencil Me In papers, Hawaiian Shores
DIES: Pencil Me In
OTHER: Copic Markers.
______

Last is a felt pouch made with the new Pencil Pouch dies and Papertrey Ink felt = Lavender Moon and Summer Sunrise. My pencil pouch was made to fit over the cover of my PTI planner. Actually I would consider it more of a "pen" pouch, with it's shorter length. Pens fit perfectly. It has magnets stitched in under the circles to hold it closed.

Erin has a terrific video that you must bookmark if you are going to make one of these. She explains it so well, and I followed her instructions exactly. A couple of tips for you to keep in mind while you are making one of these: one is to mark your magnets that you'll be using (if you are using magnets to hold it closed like I did on mine) with a + and - so you'll know which side up when placing them in the spots where they get sewn in. I found some tiny magnets at Michaels by ProMAG. They are 1/4" and strong enough to stick to each other through the two layers of felt. (Couldn't find the Basic Grey ones locally that she used.)

And second, the magnets WILL stick to your needle, so stitching them in can be a challenge! My needle constantly wanted to stick to the magnet! My tip here is to stitch the circles on at least half way and then insert the magnet and stitch the rest of the circle. It's a little bit easier than having your needle pulled by the magnet the whole time you are trying to stitch the circles on. (Watch Erin's video - she will explain the directions much better.) :)
This pouch was made with an elastic band that wraps around my planner cover and holds it on, just like Erin did in her video. (My rectangles on the back are orange to match the circles in the front, sorry I forgot to get pics of the back of it.) I love it! So much fun. It's a happy little pouch.
Pencil Pouch:
STAMPS: none
INK: none
PAPER: none
DIES: Pencil Pouch dies
OTHER: Papertrey Ink felt, floss, magnets.
______

Be sure to visit the rest of the Papertrey Ink team to see more with these new products!

11 comments:

Bonnie T. said...

These customized pencils look fabulous! Pencil me in for some crafty fun. :)

F said...

LOVE love love the pouch on the notebook! Love the card also!

Diana K said...

So pretty, Danielle!

Diane Payne said...

That pencil holder is so cute!

Kathy Krug said...

I love the personalized pencil wraps.

Teresa Doyle said...

Really great projects Danielle. Great stuff for children in school!

Lisa Young said...

Gorgeous, Danielle!!!

Virginia L. said...

Love the clean and crisp designs! They are such eye candies :)

Erum Tasneem said...

that CHUNKY book is love! Loving the pencils too!
xx
Erum
My Blog!

Larissa Heskett said...

BEAUTIFUL Projects for today!! I LOVE the Idea of the Pencil Case, and there could be LOTS of FUN for the Kids with several of these Projects!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! Can't WAIT to see what else you have to share!! SQUEAL!! =)

ScrapaDiddle said...

Love those decorated pencils and your creations!