Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Creative Cardmaker: Using fabric swatches...

I have a new post up all about adding fabric swatches to your greeting cards over at the Scrapbook Expo Weekly Scrapper blog, hope you'll swing by and check it out...

I’m always on the lookout for something fun and different to use on my projects, so when I saw these little swatches, they stole my heart and were very inexpensive. I bought several different bundles of these 2.5″ x 2.5″ squares by Moda (Marmalade, Happy-Go-Lucky, and Aspen Frost). The designs were modern, cute, tactile and colorful… just what I love! I had to figure out a way to use them on my cards. 
I've used a white-on-white technique in the background to add some texture, but allow the fabric swatch and sentiment to be the focal point with the Cover Plate: Circles die and the words are cut from Wet Paint Cuts and Wet Paint Cuts III dies.
Stop by the Weekly Scrapper for the full tutorial!

4 comments:

Nora Noll said...

These are fantastic Danielle!! I LOVE those fabric swatches. I also like the fun way you used pins to adhere the sentiments. Really great idea!! Fabulous design.

Holly Saveur said...

Great idea..never seen this...

NhDeSiGnS said...

awesome post. love the fabrics. will be using this technique asap.
TFS your talents.

Diane Jaquay said...

Very cool, love the little fabric swatches, such a fun, fresh look!