Friday, November 11, 2016

Splits: Happy Birthday...

Today I get to show you a new stamp set by Papertrey Ink that is way funky and cool, a little out of my norm, but I had fun with it! It's called: Splits: Happy Birthday and will be available on Nov. 15th at 10pm EST for purchase at Papertrey Ink!

First up, I used the stamp set on vellum. It's hard to see in this photo, but I used the big striped vellum from this package of Sheer Basics Vellum underneath and stamped the Splits over the top. I added the new Big Basics: Wish Big die over the top with some red enamel dots and shiny blue stars from Studio Calico that I had in my stash. I also used a new die set to create the "stitches" called Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical dies, coming soon! I really love how it frames out the design!
What do you think about the colors on this one? I kind of love them!
Wish Big card:
STAMPS: Splits: Happy Birthday
INK: Versamark
PAPER: Stormy Sea, Sheer Basics Vellum, Orange Zest
DIES: Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical dies, Big Basics: Wish Big die
OTHER: enamel dots, white embossing powder.
------
On the next card, I die cut and stamped the Splits: Happy Birthday frame with red ink and cut it in half. I added half of it on the top portion of the card and the other half on the bottom. I used the Noted dies again to cut the red portion and trimmed out the middle to form a focal point for the "Wish Big" sentiment.
This card would be easy to make in any color, for a boy or a girl.
Wish Big card:
STAMPS: Splits: Happy Birthday
INK: Pure Poppy
PAPER: Pure Poppy, Harvest Gold pattern pack, Enchanted Evening pattern pack
DIES: Big Basics: Wish Big, Splits: Happy Birthday, Noted A2 Vertical
OTHER: chipboard star by Pink Paislee, enamel dot.
------
Last, but not least a more masculine card. I tried, folks! I tried!! This is as simple as I could get. Ha! I stamped and colored in the Splits frame die and added an Enchanted Evening patterned paper behind it with a white embossed saying with the Splits stamp for the sentiment.

Happy Birthday card:
STAMPS: Splits: Happy Birthday
INK: Enchanted Evening, Versamark
PAPER: Stormy Sea, 
DIES: Splits: Happy Birthday
OTHER: 
------
Don't forget to shop tonight at 10pm EST on November 15th at Papertrey Ink to get all of the new products we will be previewing this week! Stop by Nichole Heady's blog to see more, and I'll be back each day through the 15th with more cards and things!

7 comments:

MelissaF said...

Pretty cards, love how you used the Wish Big with the splits, especially on vellum!

Sandy M said...

The wish big die will be used a lot. So many uses, alone or among other stamps and dies. Love all the cards.

Kathy Mc said...

Love these, Danielle! You always come up with such different color combos, and they look awesome together.

Anonymous said...

I love the use of the Splits die on the vellum, beautiful and something I would never have thought to do. Thank you Danielle, your work is very inspiring and I watch your blog all the time.
Mona

Nancy Penir said...

Dani, I love your white emboss card! The wish big die is in the cart. And always need ideas for masculine designs. Beautiful cards!

nancy said...

I think you succeeded with the masculine cards, Danielle. An eight-year-old might not find them quite boyish enough, but the cards could absolutely be given to guys.

I was already sold on the Splits set, but I think you've pushed me to buy the "wish big" die.

Virginia L. said...

Your work is always so inspiring! These are awesome samples how you stretch the new stamp and dies! Always a delight to see how you used vellum, too. Love it!