Saturday, October 11, 2008

Autumn colors....

O.K. seriously, I love autumn! Every year I forget how much I love fall until it gets here again. It's such a magical time of the year! The colors are just amazing here right now. This weekend is the peak for the changing of the leaves in New York, and it's fabulous! I, having come from South Dakota where there are virtually no trees, mostly flat-lands and prairies, had a hard time getting used to all the trees here at first, but gorgeous they are!! I'll have to get some pics to share with you...

Last weekend, Taylor was invited to a birthday party at the home of one of the girls in her class. They manage a farm and raise/train race horses for the track here in Saratoga..maybe you've heard about our infamous race track? I tell ya, this was one of the best parties I've ever been to. I totally felt like a kid again! They drove us around on a hay ride and stopped in each of the fields to see the ponies and their moms. The kids were able to feed them apples and they came running right over to us! They knew they were being fed. lol These horses were amazingly beautiful and so friendly!
Taylor is the one in the brown coat here...she ADORES horses and was in all her glory!
After seeing the horses, they got to go up in the loft of the barn and explore, and then another hay ride back to a field where they had hidden several pumpkins for the kids. Such a fun day!

Last Sunday, we also made a trip to the local corn maze and pumpkin patch. Here are some of my favorite pics from the day...
This is my hubby and girls as we were going through the corn maze and stopping to see what number we are on! It has become a tradition to do this every year and the girls just love it!
Here is the photo of the maze we went through! It took us about 1/2 hour to get all the way though...
I'm so thrilled to see my girls becoming closer friends as they get older. Even thought they are 5 1/2 years apart, they adore each other! (well most of the time..LOL)
That's it for me today. I'll be back soon with some Pink Paislee projects! Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy the rest of your beautiful fall weekend!

13 comments:

Stephanie said...

I've come to your blog several times and I love your scrap stuff. I just had to comment on this post though because I love horses & I'm so jealous of the party you all went to! I would have loved that when I was your daughter's age - heck, I'd love it now!! :)

Happay Mommay aka Happay Scrappay said...

wow, that is quite a maze! The horse pictures are so precious.

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

Wow! That horse is gorgeous!
I have gone through a corn maze like that before, and they really are a ton of fun!

And the card kit sneaks look awesome girl!

Lori Renn said...

Beautiful pictures! We are off to the patch today! I am so jealous that you got those Pixie Stix too. I gotta get some.

Julie Overby said...

Oh, how much fun they must have had!! Gorgeous photos!!

I love all your sneakie peeks below too!

Unknown said...

what gorgeous photos dani!
i ♥love♥ autumn too ;)

Melonie said...

OMG Dani! Your pics of the girls are beautiful. I was just up near Saratoga last weekend and your leaves are gorgeous. We are having a beautiful Fall weekend here by us too. Enjoy the rest of yours.

Audrey Pettit said...

Hi Dani! I love all your fall photos! Fall is my absolute favorite season. Love the pumpkin patch and the corn maze all the leaves and the cooler weather. Love everything about it. I need to take my kiddos out to the corn maze, soon. Looks like you guys have been having a wonderful time!

Babydoll said...

Great pictures!! That really sounds like a fun trip. I love the maze shot! :)

Anonymous said...

how fun!!! I love Fall too, and your photos are sooo fall-ish! love 'em! :)

Bianca said...

looks like you all had fun!! great pictures also!

Daniela Dobson said...

I stopped by the other day to leave a comment, but blogger was messing up. Anyway, beautiful photos and I wouldn't mind seeing more of the fall colors, since we don't have that around here.

Molly said...

Ok, seriously, i went through that corn maze! I don't know where you live in NY, but we were in the Albany/Saratoga area. Brings back some memories, for sure! :D