Monday, October 13, 2008

Topsider Inspiration

Good morning! I wanted to share a few projects today, the first is a little sign I did for the Pink Paislee blog today. I created this for my daughter Kati's room with the chipboard Pop Fashion Topsiders – Borders. (Click on photo to see it larger.)
To create this sign, I adhered the two largest chipboard Topsiders together with pink Magic Mesh. The Magic Mesh sticks so easily to anything and is removable at any time, but you could also adhere the two Topsiders together with a piece of cardstock in the back.

Next, I added a piece of the Topsider border sticker (the one that looks like a crown) and then a strip of the Leg Warmers paper (stripes) to cover the seam where the 2 Topsiders meet in the middle. Black letters stickers from the Fashion Script line were added for Kati’s name and brushed with a bit of white paint. The rub on swirl next to her name is from the Pop Fashion Accents in black.
I painted the little Maya Road bird white and used the silver Pop Fashion Accents rub ons to cover it when dry. Then I added some little leaves that were created from the polkadot Parachute Pants paper and a few flowers from Maya Road as well. Lastly, a ribbon tied onto the scallops allows it to hang.
___________________________

I made a card to go with this also using the Pop Fashion Topsiders – Shapes. Usually you would put the sticker right onto the chipboard shape that coordinates with it. But…I had already used the chipboard that matches the sticker on another project. So I decided to place the sticker in the middle of my card and then cut the negative of the chipboard out from the whole sheet of chipboard to frame the sticker. I popped it up with pop dots for a dimensional look after covering it with Hip Huggers paper. Great way to use your leftover chipboard! Just score around the shape with your paper trimmer to get a nice straight line and then finish cutting through the chipboard with your scissors.


The scalloped background paper is Jellies and the “priceless” saying and butterfly are stamps from the Pop Fashion Clear Stamps.
__________________________

And lastly, there is a fun new card challenge blog that you must see! It's called Card*a*licious and today's challenge is to create a Halloween card - but there is one catch! Your card MUST include a Halloween icon
--for example--a ghost, bat, witch, pumpkin, spider...etc.
take a little peek at what the designers did! Card*a*licious challenge blog! A new challenge will be posted every Monday for you card lovers like me!

All of the supplies on my Card*a*licious card are Pink Paislee Vintage Moon, except the buttons and web. The wavy piece is a Topsider Border and the black glitter in the corner is from the new Pixie Stix!! A must have!!
Enjoy your Columbus Day! I am painting my kitchen and still have another coat to do. Ug! It takes forever to go around all those nooks and crannies, but it is sure to look warmer than the color I had before. Have a great day, y'all!

14 comments:

Kadee said...

I {heart} your spooky card! So cute!

Eva said...

Ohhh...wow....love your project and your cards are a WOW!!!

Damaris said...

Love ALL your projects. You have inspired me!
HUGS
Me

Marlou McAlees said...

loving your projects Danielle!! excellent work as always :)

angie worthington said...

wow!!!!...love it all!!!...you are such an inspiration!!!.....

angie worthington said...

wow!!!!...love it all!!!...you are such an inspiration!!!.....

Melonie said...

LOVE that sign for Kati's room! So cute!

Alecia Wolfford said...

Totally love your work girl!!!

Sasha Farina said...

once again.. you amaze me dani :)

Bianca said...

GASP!!! those are adorable danielle!!

Ann said...

Wow! All of these are gorgeous! I love the girly touches on the sign, the butterfly on the card, and that super cute spider on your Halloween card! Fabulous! :D

Sherry Wright said...

These are all stunning Danielle, love the little details on the sign and the cards are amazing!

Anonymous said...

thanks for stopping by my blog!! and i just absolutely love your stuff!! ...and i, too, just recently finished painting my kitchen -- i totally understand the frustration trying to paint around everything. hehe.

-sarah

roree said...

These are all gorgeous, girlie! You are so inspiring! :)