Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My heart adores...

Today was my day to post over at the Tattered Angels blog, and this month we were to work on a mini album that we received; mine is the Glimmer Glass Window Album - Nature. I had SO much fun making this!

First, let me explain the process a little bit as to how I do a mini album.

I try to come up with a theme before I begin, and I found this rub-on that I had in my stash that said, "my heart adores you". So from there, I wanted to make a mini album about my daughter Kati.

Next, I decided to make EACH page one thing that I love about her.
I also wanted to keep the colors similar throughout the album, so I chose to go with reds, blues and yellows, and then added in tan, gray and black as neutrals to soften it. Here are more pics of the cover:

**If you'd like more info about the white script paper I made on the cover, I posted a tutorial while back on paper casting and how to - you can see it here.**

Now when I started, I decided to keep the left side of the pages as the "attribute" about her that I love/along with the journaling, and the right side pages would be a misted butterfly and a photo. This will keep it cohesive throughout the album.

Kati is so gentle with such a sweet soul. I've never met anyone quite as soft and tender as she! She's also very sensitive like I am. This is her with the little baby that I watch a couple of days a week, Ava.
(Pic below misted with Graphite Glimmer Mist. I had a bit of red mixed in on accident, because I was sampling the colors on scratch paper and didn't wash the stencil off when I did this one, but I kinda like it. Another tip: Do the stenciling on another piece of paper and then cut it out and add it into your mini book wherever you'd like. This way if you mess up, your mini album isn't ruined.)
She's kind, caring and is always thinking about what everyone needs. It's funny to see that even at age 4, she takes care of the people around her. Last night I said I was cold, and she ran upstairs to get my robe for me (even though she's usually afraid of the dark) - she loves to please!
(Pic below misted with Red Velvet Glimmer Mist.)
If she sees me upset, she does this thing....I love. She cups her hands in the shape of a heart and tells me, "I love ya, bebe" just like that, all perky and cute to try and make me smile. It works every time.
(Pic below misted with Jazz Blue and Lemon Zest Glimmer Mist. I'm getting braver and starting to blend colors!)
On the last page, I painted around a square of paper and added some journaling over the paint. The chipboard butterflies were misted over with Graphite Glimmer Mist and then I journaled inside of the negative space. Lastly, I stamped more Tattered Angels' butterflies over the top.
If you have any questions on the supplies, please let me know. The papers and star ticket are Jenni Bowlin, rub on sentiment and "everyday/just because" tickets are Creative Imaginations, pearls by Melissa Frances, blue buttons are Making Memories, album/stamps/chipboard/stencils/mists are all Tattered Angels.

Tattered Angels has some fun things coming out at CHA in a couple of weeks, including Glimmer Glaze (watch a video here) which is a thicker sort of Glimmer that you can use on glass and such! New fun colors of Glimmer coming out too by Heidi Swapp for Tattered Angels! Stay tuned!

31 comments:

Dorrit said...

What a great work it is gorgeous!!

ines said...

That album is sooooo wonderful. I love it. ines

Britt-Inger said...

WOW, I love it.... Really Stunning.
Many greetings.

Betty Kimmel said...

This mini album is absolutely beautiful..you are super talented...:)
Take Care
-BK

Unknown said...

absolutely DARLING!!!!
gorgeous work Dani!!

Anonymous said...

Amazing!!! I love every single beautiful page!

Marianela said...

Beautiful! Your work is excelent!
Kisses from Spain

xoxo... t said...

This is just absolutely beautiful

xoxo... t said...

This is just absolutely beautiful.

Lari Scrap said...

This is fantastic!!!!

Brenda Hurd said...

wow - this album is beautiful - and yay for Pink paislee again - excited to see your work with them again!

Melissa said...

Completely adorable Dani....so pretty and sweet.
Melis

cornellgj said...

this is just beautiful! what a treasure for your daughter! :)

Colleen said...

Saw this on the TA blog this morning - stunning! Wonderful work!

Sasha Farina said...

my heart adores your mini album!! how precious!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, Danielle! This album is absolutely sweet and stunning and fabulous. I always love to see your projects. So glad I stopped by. I feel totally uplifted now!

Suzy Girl said...

Absolutely beautiful Danielle!

Raechelle Bellus said...

sweet, elegant and beautiful. The perfect combination. As always, gorgoeus work. I really need that butterfly stencil.

Elizabeth said...

This is a gorgeous album!!! I love all of your photos too! Speaking of photos, I really love how you always take photos of your projects! I try to follow how you do them, but they never turn out as good when I am taking photos of my projects! LOL.
Oh well. I'll keep trying!

Have a really great weekend!
e.

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

this is gorgeous Dani!

Unknown said...

beautiful mini book danielle! REALLY INSPIRING

Christiane said...

sigh!! simply wonderful!!

TracieClaiborne said...

This is wonderful!! I love your work so much. And thanks for sharing your process. Loved hearing about it.

Mary - said...

oh wow dani - this is simply amazing. smiles, m-

DeeDee said...

This is such a sweet tribute to her. Love it.

Kay said...

Dani, there is no way I could comment on everything I love about this mini album. It's breathtaking and is a true labor of love! You must be so proud to know that Kati will cherish this forever and ever! ♥♥ Kay

fifine51 said...

WOW !!! this album is just wonderful !!!

Cardmaking Galore said...

This is just stunnning - love all the details in it and the repeated butterfly motif

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Thanks for sharing the link - but unfortunately it seems to be down? Does anybody here at danielleflanders.blogspot.com have a mirror or another source?


Cheers,
John

Anonymous said...

Hi,

This is a message for the webmaster/admin here at danielleflanders.blogspot.com.

May I use some of the information from this blog post above if I provide a backlink back to your website?

Thanks,
James

Danielle Flanders said...

Hi, yes, feel free to post if you link to my blog. Thanks, Danielle