Monday, May 14, 2012

Summer Camp.

Today we're back with the second group post for Papertrey Ink, and we're showing projects made with the new SUMMER CAMP stamp set and papers!

What little boy doesn't like to camp, right! I found this adorable photo and it reminded me of days long ago, camping out in the backyard with friends, warm blankets and flashlights!
My assignment was "masculine birthday wrap". I immediately thought of wrapping up a sleeping bag and flashlight for a boy birthday....didn't have a masculine sleeping bag on hand, so the next best thing was a big comfy, warm jean blanket that I made with flannel on the back. I rolled it up and tied it with a Spring Moss ribbon, then tucked in a flashlight.
I made a little banner with all of the fun papers and attached it to the blanket with safety pins on the two ends to the blanket.
Love the cute footprints stamps! I used some of the stamps to embellish the banner.
The banner was very simple, just blocks of paper, punched out the stars with my Fiskars punch and backed them with SUMMER CAMP patterned papers. You could make this banner for a scrapbook page or to wrap around a gift box also!
The jean quilt was made with old jeans of ours, squares sewn into a patchwork pattern (alternating dark and light jeans). I added dark blue flannel on the front borders and the back, so it is nice and soft. The jeans make it very heavy and warm!!

And here's little birthday card to go with it.... I stamped the trees and camera and cut them out. Loved all the fun sayings, so I wanted to incorporate them into my design!

The SUMMER CAMP products will be available on the 15th at www.papertreyink.com. Visit the rest of the team to see more fun camp projects!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Summer Camp banner and card:
STAMPS: Summer Camp
INK: Ripe Avocado, Dark Chocolate, True Black
PAPER:  Fine Linen Patterned Paper, Simply Chartreuse Patterned Paper, Summer Camp Patterned Paper, Classic Kraft cardstock
DIES:  Rounded Labels, Framed Out #4
OTHER: safety pins, sewing machine, Spring Moss ribbon, Fiskars star punch.

10 comments:

Aunt Min said...

Love your clean style with this set. AND your blue jean quilt. My friend made me one like it years ago--it even includes some of my paisley jeans from the '70's! It has been on lots of outdoor events--a real family treasure.

Cheryl said...

Fabulous! I love your denim quilt and wonderful banner.

jan metcalf said...

Love your idea for a blue jean quilt!! Perfect recycling too!

Cary M. said...

Love your ideas!!!

conil said...

Just love your style. Wow!

Anonymous said...

SO creative and cute Dani!! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day :-)

Pat said...

Those are so clever. I love the denim quilt, and the little field notebook is great. Your work is nice and clean looking.

Great job.

Anne H said...

Great ideas, like always! I am very much impressed with your work..

Sandy said...

As usual, everything is Fantastic and your picture is so darn cute!!!!
Sandy

Unknown said...

After research just a few of the blog posts in your website now, and I truly like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark web site record and will be checking back soon. Two kids are very cute. Reminds my childhood. Summer camp web design