Wednesday, May 2, 2012

more birthday cards...

I'm on my way out the door to run errands, but I wanted to share a couple of quick cards that I made yesterday while TRYing to clean up my scrap room. See? That's what happens...I get easily sidetracked when I'm around pretty things. :)
I noticed while giving some cards away to family over the weekend, that I didn't have as many birthday and thank-you's as I thought. So I'm going to try and focus more on those two types of cards. I had this flower leftover from a previous project/tutorial, so I thought I'd use it and not throw it away. I used Papertrey Ink's Tag Sale die #6 on the LilyBee paper with a saying from Wildflower Garden.

Now upon playing with the Tag Sale #6 die in the first card, I discovered you can do some fun things with that tab!! You can make a fun banner like I did here!
The tiny circles are just the punches that fell out when cutting this tag in each color. I used Papertrey Ink's Heart-2-Heart #3 stamp and the sentiment is from Wildflower Garden. I used Harvest Gold ink, Raspberry Fizz Patterned Paper, Pure Poppy cardstock, and Melon Berry Patterned paper.
 I have to run! Have a good day!



12 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Danielle, I love both of your cards and glad to see that I am not the only one who gets sidetracked whilst trying to clean up my scrap space.

Leigh Penner said...

These are both so sweet, Danielle! I get distracted cleaning up my scrap room, too.... ;)

Marbel said...

Beautiful card for Mother's Day! And very original birthday!

Evgenia Petzer said...

stunning cards!

Unknown said...

I love these! Beautiful!

Suzanne said...

Danielle, you are so creative to make the banner out of those tabs - it looks GREAT! I have scraps all over...I just try to use them up instead of having to clean! :)

Shannon91 said...

so cute !!!
Bizz

Ellen Jarvis said...

I so love your cards, Danielle ... you are truly an inspiration. I too get dreadfully distracted while trying to clean my PaperJungle. I actually purchased a small vacuum dedicated to my room and somehow think it's going to run itself. Much like my "self-cleaning oven" does. Bwaahh-hah-ha. Around here, the first Monday of each month is dedicated to a full clean of the craft room; that it's coming up in 4 days is already intimidating!!

Fondly,
Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
e-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

Marlou McAlees said...

absolutely beautiful cards Danielle, love your style :) ♥

Lil said...

Now that I finally have a craft room from http://roomstogrowusa.web12.hubspot.com/hobbyrooom I can go out there and make my own cards and not have to remember to buy them anymore.

Katy said...

Beautiful cards as always, particularly loving that cute flower cabochon, can't get enough of them! xx

annewalker said...

Wow, I love that homemade birthday card with floral (rose) design! How I wish I can be as creative as you. Thanks for sharing and keep it up ;-)

I've created some cards, but they are Printable Birthday Cards. More like graphics - design here and there. ;-)