Thursday, May 17, 2012

Blog hop: Lilybee and Epiphany Crafts.

LilyBee has the cutest journal cards! I really love the chevrons, stripes and fun designs! When I was looking at the stack of journal cards all together, I liked how some of them looked stacked next to each other with the blues and reds peeking out... and so, a card was born!
I layered three of the journaling cards and stitched them together on the left to create the card base. I adhered some seam binding on the left and a little rolled rose made from Pure Poppy ribbon. The butterflies are stamped with the Double Dutch clear stamps and True Black ink and cut out.
I made the floral frame with an Epiphany Crafts tool called the Shape Tool. These were fun to make! See below for a how-to.
Day to Remember card: 
STAMPS: Victoria Park Clear Stamps by LilyBee
INK: Pure Poppy ink by Papertrey Ink
PAPER: Victoria Park 6x6 paper pad by LilyBee, Double Dutch Index Journal Cards,Victoria Park Index Journal Cards
DIES: none
OTHER: Handmade ABC Cardstock Letters by LilyBee, Epiphany Crafts: Shape Tool, Bubble Caps, Metal Settings Oval Silver 25. Seam binding, Pure Poppy ribbon by Papertrey Ink, machine stitching.
-------------

This card was made the same, by stitching two journaling cards together, this time at the top instead of on the side. All I added was the flower (with the Notched Flower dies) and leaves, and the pretty Epiphany Crafts center bubble.

The center was made with the Epiphany Crafts tool also, but not put into a metallic frame.
I debated whether to cut the back journaling card down to match the front one, but I kind of like it longer than the front ... it's different!
Hello card:
STAMPS: none
INK: none
PAPER: Buttercup Index Journal Cards, Buttercup -Sunflower paper, Victoria Park - Grand Theatre paper, Victoria Park - Richmond Row paper, Handmade Bag of Bits, Double Dutch Index Journal Cards, Buttercup Index Journal Cards - all by LilyBee Designs
DIES: Notched Flower dies by Papertrey Ink
OTHER: Epiphany Crafts: Shape Tool, Bubble Caps. Machine stitching.
--------------

To make the stamped metallic frame embellishment in the top card, I first placed stamped a floral with red ink onto a piece of paper with the Double Dutch Clear Stamps. Then I placed the paper in the Epiphany Crafts shape tool. Next, an Epiphany Crafts bubble is placed in the center of the tool over the patterned paper. The lid is closed and pressed down. It adheres the bubble to the paper and cuts it out at the same time!

Then the bubble is adhered to one of Epiphany Crafts metal settings. This one doesn't have the stamped image on it, but you get the idea....

I used a needle and thread to attach it to the seam binding on my first card! Such pretty accents for cards or other projects. Thank you for reading today ~ I hope you'll come back soon. xo

Visit the LilyBee blog today!

11 comments:

Sanketi said...

You amaze me every single time.....love your style !

claudia shadler said...

this is so beautiful! luv the frame embellishment, now I gotta go buy me some! Lovely card!

TFS,
C :)

Anonymous said...

So cute Dani!!

Winnie said...

Such a great card. Love all the fun embellishments you made and the fun papers together. Now, I want one of those tools!

Ursula Schneider said...

You are oh so brilliant on the card making! Love love love these girl!

BethW said...

I have wanted that oval Epiphany tool forever.Your close-up of the card has motivated me to go for it.This is gorgeous!

Rebecca Ednie said...

I love your unusual card bases. Very beautiful. And I can't believe how easy that tool is! You enabler, you!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Loved what you did with the journaling cards - what a great idea!!
Enjoy Your Weekend : )

Marlou McAlees said...

loving these fabulous projects Danielle :) thanks for sharing ♥

shamraiz said...

I have never seen a prettier Note pad image...It is beautiful and I love the way you've colored it. Great embellishments.
Business Gift Cards
Gift Card Printing
scratch card

Ruth S said...

So pretty! Love the idea of stitching the journal cards together to make a card ;)
Rx