Friday, January 18, 2013

secret crush...

Have you been over to visit the Pink Paislee blog lately? We have a new clean and updated look to our site and would love for you to come check it out. A couple of days ago, I had a post up on the blog - stop over to read more about my mini album and to see many more projects made with the new Secret Crush line! The new team is rocking it out! :)

I made this entire little mini album base with just two pieces of 12 x 12" paper. Let me show you how...

To create the album base, I cut the two pieces of patterned paper in half, so I ended up with 4 pieces of 6 x 12" papers. Then I folded these in half again and placed them on top of one another, stacked to make the mini book. This gives me 8 pages (16 if you count front and back)! The album is 6x6" finished size.
On the front cover, I decorated it with a piece of washi tape, a Photo Frame from the Secret Crush line, some of the Paper Goods ephemera, a Photo Tab, and some of the chipboard hearts from the Artisan line.

The chipboard hearts are swiped with a gray stamping ink, just to bring out the embossed chevron design already on them. The darker the color you use, the more the chevrons will pop out! I wanted a soft look here on my hearts, so I used my finger to apply the ink, just a little at a time, so I could add more if I wanted it darker.


Now for some of the inside pages...

On this page, I die cut a word with Papertrey Ink's Wonderful Words dies and placed it at the top of the page, sort of as a tab so it peeks out the top when the book is closed. Added a Secret Crush Photogram frame with lots of ephemera, twine tape and more hearts.






Next, I made a vellum pocket to hold a cute die cut and added some stickers, tape and vellum punched pieces on the front. The vellum was punched with a Martha Stewart doily punch.


On the xoxo page, I made another vellum pocket to fit behind the frame.

Filled it with arrows for now, but a photo inside would be adorable, as would journaling!

Another little pocket page...

Made my own little flag here with washi tape and a stick pin.

Here I used a Photo Frame as a tab hanging off the side of the page (and you can see one in the back upside down hanging off the top of the page!)...

More layered goodies...

This is a Photogram with patterned paper behind it, hung with tape and twine...

And one more pic of the whole shebang...

Hope you enjoyed this little book! Let me know if you have any questions regarding products or how I made something. :) The patterns in Secret Crush are so much fun and make it very easy to create with. Have a wonderful day,




16 comments:

Diana Waite said...

BEAUTIFUL little mini!

Elizabeth S. said...

Love your mini book! It is so fun. One day I just may have to give one of these a try.

Jan said...

Danielle, your mini album is so darned cute. I bet you had fun creating it. I will continue to seek inspiration from your creations. Thank you for sharing.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Danielle! Your mini books are always so amazing!

Mandalika said...

I am totally in love with this! So pretty and the details is amazing.

Béa said...

un grand bravo, ton mini est magnifique !

Nanny said...

it's so beautiful..

LG Nanny

Nancy Penir said...

Seeing all your yummy goodness is like visiting a candy shoppe! Without any calories! Each perfect element was ooooh and aaaahed over. Wait, I still seem to be drooling!

Sue W. said...

Gorgeous! What a perfect way for me to ease into the world of mini albums!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Enjoyed seeing all of the wonderful details of your album!

Anonymous said...

Amazing work you do. Thank you for sharing!

Shelley Haganman said...

What a beautiful album!

jul said...

Такие яркие цвета, много новых и интересных для меня приемов, элементов. Классные акценты. Спасибо.Очень красивый альбом.

usiak said...

wow! it's A M A Z I N G! I really really love it. I've got crush on this little book for sure :D can't stop staring at it. beautiful colors! I love your style.

JennyO said...

so so cute Danielle! Love it x

www.startingfromscraps.blogspot.co.uk

NatQuebec said...

I love it so much ! Wonderful