Thursday, June 27, 2013

Studio Calico's Valley High card kit...

Like totally, for sure!

The Valley High card kit is available tonight at midnight EST at Studio Calico for non-subscribers (available now for subscribers)! I made 9 cards just with the kit you see above - this is the main card kit! Isn't it fun?

On this first card, I used the floral stamps in the kit and stamped onto the lighter blue patterned paper to create a background. The big background flower was die cut with the Lovely Layers dies by Papertrey Ink. To make the ribbon ruffly, I stitched on it with my machine a little bit and pulled on the strings to ruffle it. Then I wrapped it around the card front and folded it over in the front a bit and stapled it for a soft look. The top piece is cut with Papertrey Ink's Edgers #3 dies.

Here I wanted a white background, but with a textured feel, so I cut the white cardstock with a Parisian Lace Doily die.
I have a butterfly punch by Martha Stewart that is an oldie, but still a goodie! Punches are a great way to add lots of pattern and color. I stamped the "hello" speech bubble with Harvest Gold ink by Papertrey Ink, but trimmed off the extra and just used the hello part.

I wanted to use the stamps in the kit to create a fun and colorful background, so here I used Sweet Blush ink, Raspberry Fizz ink, Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores ink by PTI. To get the stamped off look, just keep stamping the saying without reinking.
A quick and simple one layer card, but yet it has lots of dimension to it.

I wanted to feature this gorgeous paper, one of my favorites in the kit, so I used it as a background here and stamped the two flowers and "friends" sentiment onto the tag.
The heart is cut with a Heart Border die.

Isn't this chipboard fun? I had to use it up on a card. To keep the design simple, yet fun, I wanted to punch circles and add lots of color.
The stripe is actually from the 6x6" paper pad front!

This one was very simple also, I layered some of the papers in a crooked manner for a fun feel and punched a big 2" circle for the center. There is an index strip in the 6x6" paper pad which shows all the fun patterns in the pad, so I cut a piece of that index strip to use on this card to add lots of color.

Another cute chipboard piece from the kit...you could paint these, but I left mine plain.

On the baby card, I used a Button card die to cut the little squares and a Wonderful Words: Baby die for the word. You could also use your Cameo die cutting machine to cut a saying if you don't have these dies!
I love using my dies on my cards and use my Cuttlebug machine to cut them, it's so easy, love that I don't have to turn it on...simply layer my paper and my dies on the plate and hand-roll it through the machine.
Next, I decided to use the rest of the paper pad cover on a card! ha Just love those stripes!
I used the Button Card Die again and trimmed around the negative to make a frame. The "happy" was cut with the Wonderful Words Die Collection.
Are you still with me?! :) The papers in this kit are so cute, aren't they!

Last, but not least the sunburst or floral stamp was used as a border. I stamped it half way off the edges with Classic Kraft ink to create a frame around the design.

The ribbon in the kit was used to make little ribbon roses, and the leaves were cut out of white cardstock with the Turning a New Leaf die. Here's a little video I made a very long time ago on making these rolled ribbon roses. Skip ahead to the 2 minute mark! Or I have this video also with crepe paper rolled flowers, but it's the same idea.

If you liked this kit, get signed up for the monthly card kits at Studio Calico!



6 comments:

Evgenia Petzer said...

as always beautiful!

maria f. said...

You are amazing. So many neat ideas on your designs, especially using the index stripe from the pad cover!

Maria Asmus said...

Beautiful cards, very lovely!! :)

Diana Waite said...

seriously AWESOME!

Jessie said...

These are just beautiful!! I just signed up for the monthly kits! I am so excited to get this in my hands!!

janelle said...

Thanks for all of the inspiration! Can't wait to get my card kit.