Friday, June 14, 2013

Round Repeats...

We're back with another Papertrey Ink group blog post to share peeks of a new stamp set called Round Repeats. You'll have so much fun with this one, I promise you! There are several stamps in this set, just waiting for your creativity to be unleashed. :)

On the first card, I kept it simple and used the stamps to create a fun border around the sentiment. Very simple and quick card, one layer. Well, technically it's a two layer with the card front added to the base. :)

I started with the Raspberry Fizz ink in the corners, then added the Summer Sunrise ones. Last, Sweet Blush ink fills in the centers. I used a Boutique Borders: Thanks sentiment and frame.

Sending Sincere Thanks card:
STAMPS: Round Repeats, Boutique Borders: Thanks
INK: Raspberry Fizz, Summer Sunrise, Sweet Blush, True Black
PAPER: White, Harvest Gold
DIES: none
OTHER: none.

--------

After making a border, I wanted to try stamping these Round Repeats in a pattern to create a focal point. I made a flower with them by stamping them 4 times in a circle with Summer Sunrise ink. I popped the finished flower up over two Bountiful Banner die cuts. (I made two die banner cuts, one for each side of the flower in Raspberry Fizz ink, something different than the typical green leaves!) 
I used Background Basics: Text Style in Fresh Snow ink on Classic Kraft cardstock. A sentiment finishes it off from the new Bigger Blooms stamp set!

I was out of brown cardstock, so I found a chocolate colored tag in my stash from Creative Cafe (remember them?) and trimmed it down to fit with my card.

You're Sweet card:
STAMPS: Round Repeats, Background Basics: Text, Bountiful Banners, Bigger Bloosm (sentiment)
INK: Fresh Snow, Dark Chocolate, Summer Sunrise, Raspberry Fizz, Pure Poppy
PAPER: Classic Kraft, Harvest Gold
DIES: Bountiful Banners
OTHER: tag from my stash from Creative Cafe, twine.

--------

Last, I stamped white on white and heat embossed the Round Repeats flowers that I made. After cool, I inked over them with a Vintage Cream ink to set them off slightly from the white cardstock. They would work as snowflakes as well on a holiday card, but I decided to go with a birthday card instead this time. I made another large flower with another one of the Round Repeats with Hawaiian Shores ink, cut it out and added a Bountiful Banner over the top. Sentiment is from the new Bigger Blooms.

If you used a more elegant flower and color scheme, instead of a playful look like I have here, this would make a nice wedding card also with the embossed background.
Best Day Ever card:
STAMPS: Round Repeats, Bountiful Banners, Bigger Blooms
INK: Hawaiian Shores, Raspberry Fizz, Vintage Cream
PAPER: white, Harvest Gold, Aqua Mist
DIES: Bountiful Banners
OTHER: butterfly punch, seam binding, white embossing powder, corner rounder.

--------

Visit the team to see more with Round Repeats!
Ashley Cannon Newell
Betsy Veldman
Cristina Kowalczyk
Dawn McVey
Erin Lincoln
Heather Nichols
Jessica Witty
Maile Belles
Melissa Phillips
Nichole Heady

20 comments:

victoria h said...

Love your best day ever card- it's beautiful. Perfect for a wedding too - it's just what my son said after going to his first wedding.

jan metcalf said...

Love your embossing technique, and the banners are a great floral accent, especially in unexpected pink!

Unknown said...

Okay, between you and Betsy, I'm drooling over what you've created. So very beautiful-quite stunning really!:)

Holly Saveur said...

Gorgeous cards!

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful projects, Danielle! I wasn't thinking I'd like this set.... but I really am!

Lindsey said...

These cards are all amazing. I love each one and how you showed the versatility of this set. I'm thinking that I have to have this set!

jintyoo7 said...

*sigh* gorgeous stamping, you would never think these stamps are all "related" :)

Tara said...

All of your projects are stunning! I especially love the tag. Great work!

TLady said...

OH WOW!!!!!! HOW BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! :) Seeing your last card, you could use these to make SNOW FLAKES!!!!!!!!!!!! :) FABULOUS WORK!!!!!!!! :)

Karen (carefree creations) said...

Oh that last card is awesome - love the images white embossed!

Anonymous said...

These are so elegant, I especially love how you can turn the design into a winter snowflake with some white embossing!

Susan Gosman said...

Oh My! I think this is the best set ever - and you have made beautiful use of it.

Anonymous said...

Very nice. This is such a versitile stamp set. I love the first card the best. Simple but beautiful.

Anonymous said...

sue said...

Love the color combinations and bold design choice. Very nice!

Sharon said...

Beautiful cards! and the embossed wedding card is just gorgeous!

15pawsmom said...

Gorgeous cards! Really like the embossed images on that last card!

Diana Waite said...

these are totally STUNNING!

Kathy Mc said...

Three gorgeous cards, Danielle, each with a totally different design. You gals make it look SO easy to align each component. I'm drooling over all the inspiration. Cool idea to use the bountiful banners under the floral image ~ love the results!

Stef said...

really, I like your creativity. Thanks a lot for inspiration !

Ruth S said...

Gorgeous cards - I love your ideas for this set... not what I was expecting!! The white embossed background is my fave ;)
Rx