Sunday, August 10, 2014

Introducing Phrase Play #7 and Blanket Stitch Buttons...

The Papertrey Ink countdown for August has begun! We are previewing some of the new products coming out this month. Today I made a few things with the new Phrase Play #7 stamps and coordinating die! These will be available for purchase on August 15th at 10pm EST.

First up, I made some little place card holders for the Thanksgiving table. Instead of names tucked into the clothespins, I die cut leaves out of cork with Leaf Prints dies and added a "thankful" cut with the Phrase Play #7 die. I also used the Phrase Play #7 stamps to stamp the bottom "you".
Here is a tip when using the cork sheets: when you die cut something from the cork sheet, it tends to want to roll up from being rolled up on the sheet. So I die cut another matching leaf from Classic Kraft cardstock to put behind the cork leaf to keep it nice and straight. The cork is sticky, so you just peel and stick it to the cardstock leaf.

Gold twine was wrapped around the front of the clothespins and a faux acorn found at the craft store tucked in.

The "for" was actually stamped with one of the Stamp-a-Faire sets...the 1940's set. But you could use the "for" from the Phrase Play die...and I am positive there is the word "for" in many, many other sets also!



Thankful Clothespins:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Phrase Play #7, Stamp-a-Faire 1940's
INK: Classic Kraft
PAPER: cork
DIES: Phrase Play #7, Leaf Prints
OTHER: berries, acorns, gold floss, clothespins - craft supply
______


Next up is a new Gable Box die coming out this month decorated with the Phrase Play #7 stamps and dies! The box was easily put together, I just cut two of the Gable Box dies (a front and a back), folded and glued the flaps together. Then I used the new Blanket Stitch Button die and cut 2 buttons from Classic Kraft felt. I put them back-to-back and blanket stitched them together around the edges with a coral floss. This created a puffy look to the felt buttons. I love peach and gold with dark brown right now! It's more of a soft, fresh look to typical Thanksgiving colors. 
These little boxes are about 3 1/2" x 2" when assembled, and they'd be so cute on the Thanksgiving table as little treat boxes for your guests. I can see the table decorated with white pumpkins as well. (I must go get some white pumpkins!) Wish I would have had some for my photos!



Thankful for You Decorated Gable Box:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Phrase Play #7
INK: Dark Chocolate
PAPER: Stampers Select White
DIES: Phrase Play #7, Gable Box die, Blanket Stitch Buttons
OTHER: Classic Kraft felt, floss - craft supply.
______

Here is a card made with the Phrase Play #7 stamps and dies and the Blanket Stitch Button die.

I trimmed out 3 of these Phrase Play #7 dies, two cream and one in Classic Kraft, then I replaced the "thankful" word with the kraft word and overlapped the leaves from the die. A Blanket Stitch Button looks cute over the top. Love these! I can see them made from chipboard and painted also...to make them rustic looking, oh...that would be so cute.
Then a tiny strip of polkadot washi tape added underneath the stamped sentiment at the bottom adds a touch of color. Guess where I found this washi tape? I was hanging out with a friend last weekend in Denver, and she wanted to pop into Crate and Barrel at the Flat Irons mall. I saw a little bowl of washi tape there! I had no idea Crate and Barrel would have washi! Fun surprise! It's the little things in life. :)


Thankful For All You Do card:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Phrase Play #7
INK: Dark Chocolate
PAPER: Vintage Cream, white, Classic Kraft, Dark Chocolate Pattern Pack
DIES: Phrase Play #7, Blanket Stitch Button
OTHER: washi tape - Crate and Barrel, Classic Kraft felt by Papertrey Ink, floss - crafty supply.
______

And one last card. This time I really wanted to focus on those gorgeous Blanket Stitch Buttons, so I used the Edgers #4 die to cut a little scallop border to highlight the felt buttons.
The background is stamped with Phrase Play #7 stamps and the "thankful" and leaves were cut with the Phrase Play #7 dies. 

Thankful for Family card: 
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Phrase Play #7
INK: Fine Linen
PAPER: Rustic Cream, Classic Kraft, Pure Poppy cardstock, Dark Chocolate Bitty Dot Pattern Paper
DIES: Phrase Play #7, Blanket Stitch Button
OTHER: twine - The Twinery, floss - craft supply.
______

Don't forget all of these products will be available at Papertrey Ink on Aug 15th at 10pm EST! A few other ladies will have some sneak peeks for you today also: Nichole, Heather, Dawn, Laurie and Betsy. Thanks for reading!

35 comments:

Pat said...

I absolutely love all of your ideas, but especially the thankful clothespin place settings with the leaves!
You are a creative genius!!

Sue said...

The thanksgiving clothespin idea is so cute; what a lovely addition to a table setting. Thanks for sharing such a cute idea!

Nancy Penir said...

You had me at the clothespins! Colors are outstanding, detailing fabulous. Favorite? The last 'family' card. Scallops and buttons = perfection!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, wow, Danielle, these are all so, so fabulous! I love the clothespins & gable box as table decorations! And your cards are gorgeous, too!

Unknown said...

So creative, I love fall crafts

Luvpurple said...

That box is adorable! The Card is simply lovely.

Diana K said...

What a gorgeous colour palette you used today! Fabulous projects, all of them. Every time I come to vist your blog I leave totally inspired to get creative. Thank you so much for that!

Crestajune said...

I was already thinking I needed the Phrase Play die... now I DEFINITELY need it! Every one of your projects are beautiful and have flooded my mind with inspiration this morning! Have a fantastic day, Danielle!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

This is an AMAZING post!!! I LOVE every detail you did, especially the clothespins!!!
Thank you for sharing Danielle and for ALL of the sweet comments you left on my blog this week.
Susan

Helen F. said...

Absolutely beautiful ideas, Danielle! I am lovin' all of the Fall colors and leaves in your projects. So thankful for your constant inspiration :-)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lots of loveliness!

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Great table idea, using a clothespin to deliver a beautiful message and dress the table in one!

Kathy Krug said...

Where does one begin to comment on all this creativity. I love it all but the place card holders are such a fabulous idea.

Kathie B said...

I love the great variety of projects created using the phrase play die and stamps. The clothes pins and boxes are such a great addition to the Thanksgiving table. You've really got me thinking outside of the box. Thank you!

Marybeth said...

Oh my gosh ! Gorgeous projects and photos!!!!!! Love the new look of your blog! ( new to me! )

Tracey McNeely said...

There is so much fabulous fall inspiration here Danielle--love all of your ideas. Now to mention all your gorgeous bright photos, do you use natural daylight?

Jill Norwood said...

Danielle I love everything! The clothespin place card holders are so pretty with the cork and touches of gold! And I love the softer Autumn tones you used for the box and cards too! And those sweet buttons just make the words warm and cozy come to mind! Love them!!

Holly Saveur said...

So gorgeous...

Lisa Petrella said...

LOVE those clothespins and gable box! So festive and totally beautiful!!!

Cris Cunningham said...

You are amazing.. You really are. Now I can't wait for Thanksgiving!

Kathy H said...

Love these! The handcrafted look goes so well with Fall.

Becky Selecman said...

The clothespin project is absolutely wonderful. Perfect for Thanksgiving dinner place cards.

Pam Young said...

Great place card idea!! Love everything you do!!

Unknown said...

Love this die and stamp set. Fun to use.

Kelli B. said...

What great projects! The stamps are so cute!

Kelli B. said...

Such cute projects! I love this stamp set!

Pretty said...

SUBLIME VERY VERY BEAUTIFUL PRETTY

Maryana Volkova said...

So cozy and wonderful! You're amazing!

Petti said...

Great projects thank you for sharing!

nancy said...

Yesterday, when I walked by some little clothespins at Michael's, I thought how I cannot wait for that trend to be over. You pushed that thought completely out of my head with your place card holders, Danielle. They are a wonderful combination of rustic and elegant that end up being just charming.

All of your other projects are equally creative. I always appreciate seeing your take on products and reading the extra tips you pass along in your post.

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

You totally rock this releases! All your projects are so fabulous and filled with awesome details.

Debra said...

These are my favorites...I love the homespun feeling and use of natural fibers.

Miriam Prantner said...

These projects are so so pretty! Love all the neutral colors and the great textures!

Lindsey said...

Absolutely fabulous projects, Danielle! I love the variety, creativity, and beauty manifested in each one.

Kim S said...

I am IN LOVE with everything you have made. My Phrase Play #7 should be here today and I am so excited to play. Your "thankful" clothespins will definitely be copied and on my Thanksgiving table. For some reason, I didn't order the blanket stitch button die, but am clearly going to have remedy that soon! Thank you for the inspiration!