Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Monthly Moments: August...

Welcome to the 3rd day of the Papertrey Ink countdown. I'm up with a couple of projects made with the new Monthly Moments: August stamps and Journal cards!  First up, I wanted to show you a scrapbook layout idea using stamps as your focal point!

One of my favorite Journal Cards from the August collection is the "Hooray! It's Today!" card, so I used that as inspiration for this page.

I loved the dots and the colors on the journal card, so I decided to use the "today" stamp from the set and stamped it multiple times in colors that match the Journal Card Collection: Hibiscus Burst, Blueberry Sky, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, and Orange Zest inks. I also added a few Enchanted Evening and Tropical Teal ones. I simply used a circle punch to punch them out. Fast and easy, and I think the look really packs a punch with the fun dots of color.

I watercolored a bit in the background with the blues at the top, then the orange, then the pink at the bottom to coordinate with the stamped circles (before adding the circles over the top). Kind of a rainbow effect. I thought these colors would work perfectly with a picture of Kati's 9th birthday party we had this summer at the pool!

Next time you'd like to create a layout, think of something you can do to make a background or focal point with stamps and go from there!

Hooray! It's Today scrapbook layout:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Monthly Moments: August
INK: Enchanted Evening, Tropical Teal, Blueberry Sky, Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, Orange Zest, Hibiscus Burst, True Black
PAPER: Monthly Moments: August Journal Card Collection, Enchanted Evening cardstock, Aqua Mist cardstock, Orange Zest cardstock, Sweet Blush cardstock (hearts)
DIES: circle punch
OTHER: watercolor paints and paper - craft supply, black pen, heart punch by Martha Stewart.
______

And LOOK! No paint on this next one! ha Sorry, I've been addicted to watercolor lately.

On the 2nd layout, I used the Monthly Moments: August Journal Card Collection papers and trimmed them into 2" squares, along with some 2" x 2" photos of my older daughter Taylor and our dog, Maggie. (The washi tape along the top and bottom looks crooked, but it really is straighter than it looks...my paper was bowed a bit on the outer edges, making it look crooked in my pics!)

To make the title, I die cut the "August" with the Monthly Moments: August die and the "hello" and arrow are from Phrase Play #3 die.

Many of the Monthly Moments: August stamps and the die were used on my page as well: "everyday life", the large pink arrow, "this is us", "today". This page actually came together really quick! I love when that happens. It's cute and all, but I think little Maggie May steals the show. lol


Hello, August scrapbook layout:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Monthly Moments: August
INK: True Black, Orange Zest, Hibiscus Burst
PAPER: Monthly Moments: August Journal Card Collection, Silver Shimmer cardstock (tiny hearts)
DIES: Monthly Moments: August die
OTHER: red dot washi tape - Crate and Barrel, twine - The Twinery, heart punch by Martha Stewart, circle punch.
______

Visit the rest of the PTI team to see more with these new products! 
Everything will be available at Papertrey Ink on 8/15 at 10pm EST. 

11 comments:

Sherrie M. said...

Gorgeous projects today! The colors are so vibrant and work perfectly with the photos you highlighted. Love the dotted scrapbook page - stunning!

Holly Saveur said...

GORGEOUS!!

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous layouts! I especially love the second one!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your layouts and LOVE all the colourful squares on the second one!

Jill Norwood said...

Wonderful layouts!!! So fun to be preserving such sweet memories!!

nancy said...

When I see your pages, I want to do a layout... and I am not a scrapper. Fun, colorful and creative!

Kathie B said...

Love your layouts...a real inspiration to creativity!

Kathy Krug said...

Great layouts. Love how you used the today stamp over and over with different colors.

Kelli B. said...

I love your pages! The colors scream summer! What great memories you captured.

Diana K said...

Totally fab layouts! Love this colour scheme and how your first photo goes so well with it. And then I also love the B/W pics on the second one with all that gorgeous colour. Amazing as always.

Gerlinde said...

wonderful Layouts ----georgeous---greetings from Vienna