Monday, July 28, 2008

Another week...

....has gone by and I can't believe the summer is going so fast! Eeek! I hope you all are enjoying your summer!

The next round of the Paper Crafts Card Idol contest is up and ready again. I'd love it if you would come and vote for your favorite. It's really easy this time...all the cards are in a row and at the bottom there is a link to vote. When you click it, it will give you all the names of the people, just check which one you want! It's that simple this time! There is no signing in or anything. I made it in the top 10 and this week 5 people will move onto the next round! Voting is up until Thursday at noon.

Here is the link to all the cards and voting: Cards with Quotes

This is the card I created for the contest. I used some October Afternoon journaling cards and attached them with ribbon in the back so the card can be folded up and sent in an envelope. Added chipboard letters to spell out "home" with a little doorknocker and quote by Melissa Frances that says, "Where we love is Home. Home is where our feet may leave...but not our hearts. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes." (click on photos to see them larger)



I hope you will come and vote for your favorite! There are SO many amazing cards!

Next, I wanted to share a little mini album that I made for Right at Home Scrapbooking. It is a kit that you can purchase. You get everything you see here plus a LOT more in this kit with directions and photos to complete each page! When it is open, it is 12x12 so you will have 10 full 12x12 pages to fit all your vacation photos in! There are chipboard pages, as well as acrylic pages to mix it up a bit. Click on the link above for information on purchasing the kit.
(Currently Out for Publication, ScrapStreet Ezine - Sept. 2008)
Well, that's all for me today! Thanks for stopping by! I love to read all your comments. And to my family in South Dakota reading this...I can't wait to see you all in a few short weeks! We are just thrilled to be coming home soon! ~Danielle~

32 comments:

Lauren said...

that card is gorgeous!!! I'm off to check you name!

danni reid. said...

i couldn't see the pics as well on their site, but this is as beautiful as all get out! Congrats!

finnabair said...

I really love your works - your blog i s so inspiring :)

Anonymous said...

Amazing. You have a special gift, Dani...thanks for sharing it with all of us. I can tell you've got "home" on the brain. Have a wonderful visit with your loved ones.

Okay..I'm off to go and check your name too! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful! You got my vote again!

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Sorry to my other friends in the contest, but there is NO contest!!!! Let us know when you win D!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Go Dani Go Dani - And I say this while dancing the funky chicken! Your card is AWESOME!!

-bucket

Dianna said...

Yet again, you have my vote. I love the HOME card!

Norma Kennedy said...

Oh my goodness Dani - ur card is Fabulous.... Im wishing you the beast !

Norma

angie worthington said...

you knock my socks off!!!...the card is awesome, of course, i only vote for you....and, that album is OMG!!!...the album is fantastic!!!...
;) angie/craftyscrapr

Babydoll said...

Good luck with the Idol contest. Your card is beautiful and very unique!

Staci Taylor said...

Dani, that card is AMAZING! Your creativity is endless! And I so looove that mini - I love that it opens up to 12x12! Enjoy your trip!

Sherri said...

I *love* *love* *love* your HOME card!! ...and the mini-album is too adorable! I really like your style! :)

Leigh Penner said...

What an incredibly gorgeous and creative card!! And I love that mini-book , too!

Leslie Ashe said...

OH my gosh girl...what a GORGEOUS card!!!!!!!!!!!! I just love it!! I want you to send that to me, k? LOL!! I really do love it! :)

I also love your beach book!! SO so cute!!!!! Can you just pass on some of your talent?? :)

Sasha Farina said...

everything you touch becomes the most gorgeous creations! I'm so humbled!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on making the Top 10, Danielle! I'm hoping that your name will be in the Top 5 list this Friday! Your card is so unique, and I am in awe of your creativity!

I love the mini album...the size is perfect for all of the beach photos you've shared. Have a safe and wonderful trip with your family!

Kim Sonksen said...

Seriously not brown-nosing here but your cards is DA-BOMB. I will be seriously upset if you are not the overall winner in the end

Christi said...

gorgeous work Danielle!

Katie Rose said...

Hi! I found your blog through my blog:) and just wanted to say hi and I just love your work...so inspiring!

Anonymous said...

I love your cards ! they are so cute !

Pink Blossom Creations said...

Love all your latest creations... have done my vote for you

Caroline x

Lidy said...

What a great cards you make

Lidy

Tina said...

You are such a shoe-in for this contest...I couldn't think of a more talented card maker than yourself sweetie!

All moments remembered said...

Gorgeous and you have my vote!
Stacey

Anonymous said...

Your creation is just so amazing! The thing is you have a really neat work of art when this is over!!! Waiting to hear about the winners.

Anonymous said...

Such stunning work Danielle. I'm on my way to go cast my vote....!

carolyn peeler said...

Cute, cute projects Danielle :-)

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Your card is so freakin fabulous girl!!!!

You have my vote!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Danielle!! So unique!! I love all these fabulous creations you think of!! :) They always stand out from a crowd!

I love your mini album too!! :)

((Hugs))

Jennifer said...

your creations are amazing!! You inspire me, girl!!

roree said...

Awesome projects, Dani! I just love your PC card!