Thursday, July 17, 2008

Summer love....

We've finally been able to get out and enjoy the weather lately, took the girls swimming the past few days and it's been so nice to get out and get some sun! I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders now that all my projects for CHA are done and shipped off! Phew, now I can enjoy the rest of the summer! But oh how I wish I could go and see everyone's projects and meet everyone at CHA..I'm hoping I can go someday soon. I'd love to meet all you peeps out there! So anyway...it felt weird scrapping Christmas items for this, but fun at the same time. Here are some things I made for Melissa Frances with their new papers, tickets and resin pieces! Melissa Frances is having a blog giveaway all this week, so be sure to check it out.
I believe card:
This is a wooden frame I found at a discount store, covered it with paper, added a resin frame (I am so addicted to these!!!), added a sticker inside the frame, a chipboard tree and some craft store berries, moss, etc.
(Currently Out for Publication, Scrapbook Trends - Dec. 2008)
This is my little angel, Kati eating snow last winter! tee hee


And this is a 4" x 7" box that comes with a mini accordian album inside. I covered the box with papers, chalked the edges with brown chalk and added glittery chipboard letters with more craft store goodies on top and another resin frame.
(Currently Out for Publication, Paper Trends - Dec. 2008)
Thank you all so much for voting in the Paper Crafts' Card Idol contest (see post below)!! I can't believe what supporters I have out there, you are all so sweet! I appreciate your nice comments you have left me and for coming out and supporting me. I believe today is the last day to vote for this round, and then tomorrow we should be finding out who moves onto the next round. Voting will start again next Monday (if I make it! ha)

One more thing: if you haven't seen my newest card kit called Summer Love...please stop in and check it out at Create My Keepsake! The papers are 12x12 so they are perfect for your summer layouts as well if you are not so much a card maker. LOVE the fun patterns and goodies in this kit! Instructions for 4 cards are included with photos. Check out the CMK blog for photos of all the cards I made for it.

Enjoy your day today! ~Danielle~

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

they are all gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

All of them are stunning as usual Dani! Beautiful I tell ya! Thanks for sharing this with us. Makes me want to take out the Christmas stuff!

Unknown said...

Beautiful work Dani ~ those resin frames are gorgeous! Good luck with Idol :)

Amanda L. said...

Wow....I haven't been by in awhile due to a death in the family......and boy I have missed alot......everything is just gorgeous as always...you and Melissa Frances products were made for each other!

angie worthington said...

they all look great!...love the extra touch that the resin frames add to the projects, give it a shabby chic feel...also, lovin that card kit, it is very tempting!...
;) angie/craftyscrapr

TheShermanFam said...

SOOOO gorgeous!!! I LOVE the little MF frames...sooo cute!
And...I can't believe you aren't going to CHA! I hope you can make it some day...
I too would DIE to go!:)

Have a good one!
Ember

Kim Sonksen said...

Ohhhhhhhh those project are divine...i SO want to use all that MF goodness too!

Leigh Penner said...

wow, I'm just overwhelmed by all the eye candy on your blog. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous work. (This is an especially high complement, as I've been avoiding Christmas/winter papers like crazy!) Love what you did with them!

Megan Smith (aka Daisymeh) said...

Gorgeous work Danielle! As always.....

Leslie Ashe said...

I think everything you touch turns to GOLD dear Dani! :) You're so incredibly talented, what a GIFT you have :)

Your frames are amazing, your layout is gorgeous!

Hugs to you, hope you're having a super day!
Leslie

Anonymous said...

These are all so beautious Dani ! The one with the red berries just matches my house so well ! LOL , i will have to remember that i can make cool stuff like this with my supplies, sometimes i forget ! LOL .... Seriously gorgeous creations girl !
TTYS ,
Jenn

Lori Renn said...

Absolutely beautiful creations, Dani!

Melissa said...

Such gorgeous, gorgeous projects Dani! I enjoyed each one of them. It is hard to not be there isn't it...although I would be missing home terribly if I even attempted to go.....hard to please aren't I?
Maybe one day we can meet up----I would love that.
Enjoy your summer.
Melissa

Steph Ackerman said...

Beautiful work

Anonymous said...

All is so cute !

Wendy Schoonhoven said...

Love everything you showed this time, as always!! xxxWendy.

Sandie said...

Dani, your work is just breathtaking........I am your NO.1 fan. I simply luv to pop in and see what you have created and its funny if when I see a paticular card I think "gee that must be Dani's" and sure enough it is.
You have the most beautiful style of work I've seen.
Such an inspiration.

Luv ya............Sandie

Daniela Dobson said...

Wow, Dani, these projects are amazing! I want to take Alex to the pool, but it's so hot here. Maybe at the end of the summer.

Babydoll said...

Great projects! I love those wings on the I Believe card and that picture of your daughter is priceless. Great kit by the way!

Sasha Farina said...

beautiful works!! so so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Yum!!! So much eye candy to look at, Danielle!! All so unique and gorgeous!!! :)

Staci Taylor said...

All your new projects are FANTASTIC!!! Glad you're able to enjoy the rest of your summer now! I, too, would love to go to CHA - I'm going to live in my dream world and hope for winter, hehea. Hope you're having a good weekend!

Raechelle Bellus said...

I would love to meet you someday as well! Hopefully we'll get the opportunity! :)
Beautiful work Dani! What more can I say? YOU are working the MF like no other... you fit perfectly!
Rae

Jerry in Tampa said...

Danielle - you are a wonderfully creative lady!!! Amazing work!!! Love your blog! Glad I found you!

Cheers:-))

Jerry in Tampa