Monday, July 14, 2008

Please come and vote.....

*Sweet Monday* to you!
Well, I decided to enter my cardmaking skills into the Paper Crafts Gallery Card Idol contest again this year and made it into the top 20 out of about 800 people! Last year I made it into the top 5 and then Valerie Salmon was awarded the grand prize (rightfully so...her card was totally off-the-hook amazing!). So....here I go again, entering this little contest! I'd love it if you could come on over and vote! The theme this time was "SCALLOPS" and boy is it fun to see all the different ways the ladies used scallops on their cards! The top 15 with the most votes will move on to the next round.

Here is the link to see all of the cards (mine is under my name: DanielleFlanders): Card Idol "Scallops" gallery
and here is the link to vote! VOTE here

(I believe you can only vote once this time per computer.) I'll tell you a little bit about my card....

When I think of scallops, I think of girly and happy! So I decided on a pink and green color scheme and used the quote "Be glad" on the front of the card. I used two pages from a chipboard tree album and covered with paper, then cut scalloped strips for the tree trunk and limbs with my scalloped scissors. Added scallops to the bird's wing and inside page too. Also stitched around the scallops on the tree top. The inside quote says, "It isn't what you have in your pocket that makes you thankful, but what you have in your (heart)."

Here are some photos of the card I entered, you can click on them to see them in more detail!



Papers are made by Dream Street, chipboard tree/bird/scalloped frame are by Maya Road, flowers/BE GLAD saying/ribbon are Creative Cafe, and the rub on is made by Melissa Frances. Thank you sooo much for your support! It means the world to me!!!!!
~Danielle~

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, girl! I found your blog from the paper crafts site. You do amazing stuff! Love your style. Keep up the good work.
Jan (jknapp00)

kristan martin said...

hey Danielle,

I've been looking at your blog for a few weeks now and finally decided to leave you a comment. I love your work and look forward to checking your blog for any new goodies you may have posted!

thanks!
kristan martin
www.kristanmartin.typepad.com

Amy Teets said...

That sucks about the glitch, but you did amazing with their challenge!!

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Now that is the cutest! Have you ever considered selling your cards on Etsy?

Anonymous said...

This is the cutest card evah Dani!!! Seriously ♥ it!!!

Kim Sonksen said...

Wowzers - this is one serious delightful card! I am in awe

LindaSonia said...

Vote's in. I think your card is truly gorgeous! Good Luck! LindaSonia

Danielle Holsapple said...

What a creative m asterpiece!!!! Good luck to you girl!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your card is soo adorable!! You got my vote!! Good Luck!! Hugs, Melissa

Babydoll said...

Beautiful card!! You did a great job. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Amazing creation...I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you. Good luck!

Dolores said...

it's a beautiful card!

angie worthington said...

WOW!!!...that card is fabulous!!!...love the colors, love everything about it!!!...you got my vote!...
;) angie

Jennifer said...

Your work always amazes me!! I so hope you win!!
Hugs!!!

MadissonC said...

Wow, this is adorable!!! Just voted for you... :) Keep it up!
Madisson

Staci Taylor said...

This is soooo creative, Dani, I love it!! I'm not surprised that you made it that far last time, and I wouldn't be surprised if you won this time! Amazing job!!

Iness KRAFT said...

hi

you make wonderful cartes

scrapkiss

Anonymous said...

Love your card Dani! Best of luck to you! Amy Tara

Haberdawoman said...

Wow! Your work is so beautiful. What a great idea to make a tree card. Hope my vote helps, you deserve it. Your silent blogger :D

Dianna said...

I love the card that you created! You certainly got my vote!

Unknown said...

Girl you have outdone urself...this is just the cutest!!!!

Hugs....Jer

Unknown said...

Now that is just crazy good!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dani
I put my vote in for you. This card is so cute...very fun too.
Good luck.
I am always so impressed with your cards and layouts and these in your last few post are fabulous.

Sandra

Anonymous said...

You got my vote...such a cute card!

roree said...

So creative! I just love it!