Friday, July 25, 2008

A Princess Party!

Today was my day to post a project on the Pink Paislee blog, so I decided to make something fun and girly with the new Pop Fashion papers.....a little party invitation and table decoration! I have 2 girls and we love all things pink and girly!

The first is an easy invitation you can create for your guests!

First, I took one piece of a sheer crown album by Maya Road (you get 8 pages in this album) and added a folded piece of the Jellies paper to the front (it opens up to add the party information inside). Next, I added “it’s a” with the new Fashion Script sticker letters, “fashionista” rub on from the Pop Fashion rub ons, and “party!” with black sticker letters. The crown had one hole in the left side where it was attached to the album, so I punched another hole on the right side and tied pink twine across in a bow, then added a bit more of the Pop Fashion rub ons underneath. A few pearl gems topped off the crown. Very easy to make!
(Currently Out for Publication, Cards Magazine - Jan. 2008)
With 4 of the remaining crowns from the mini album, I created a table decoration. What I did was cover each crown front and back with the Bell Bottoms paper and the Bermuda Shorts paper. (Trace crown onto back of paper, cut out and adhere to crown.) Then I punched holes in the corners of the crown and tied them together with twine. I added a design to the front piece with sticker letters, a strip of the Hip Huggers paper, and a ribbon. You can set a bowl inside filled with goodies for the party. (I added a bowl of Hershey Kisses.)

This is the view from the top:
And lastly, don't forget to add a photo of the princess tucked inside the bowl!
This idea can be used with any sort of chipboard! You can make a haunted house for Halloween or a train or other boy shape for a boy’s party with the new Pink Paislee Vintage Moon papers. Really the possibilities are endless! I hope I've inspired you! And if you love these papers and rub ons, hold on to your checkbook because I have a card kit coming on August 15th with all of the Pop Fashion papers and rub ons! Papers will be 12 x 12, so you can use them for your pages as well. Check back soon for more information!

~Danielle~

14 comments:

Christy's Closet said...

Your projects always amaze me! Thanks for the continued inspiration!

Anonymous said...

WOW! That is awesome girl!!!

kristan martin said...

I'll have to get that card kit in August. Cute stuff.

kristan
www.kristanmartin.typepad.com

Staci Taylor said...

Girl, your amazing ideas seem to be endless! This is the coolest thing! And I bet your girls love it, too!! :-)

Babydoll said...

This is sooo pretty!!

angie worthington said...

super cute!!!...love that patterned paper, awesome!!!...i let a blog award for you on my blog...you can play along if you want too...you are very inspiring!...
;)

Scossie Jane said...

Love it, you are so clever, just what a little princess will love xx

Titelaine said...

always so fabulous!!!!
I am always so fan!!

Lori K said...

Oh my word! THis is a lovely idea!
SO fun and girly and those pp's are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

This is so adorable & fabulous! Love it!! :)

All moments remembered said...

Beyond Gorgeous!!!! I have a little girlie girl who just loved looking at your blog with me. Hope you have a beautiful week.
Hugs,
Stacey

The Sonboul's said...

you are the coolest card maker/ project make I know! LOVE THIS! it makes me wish I had a girl!

Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

Hello,

What a nice blog you have, love your designs...Love crowns!

~ Gabriela ~

roree said...

What an adorable set! You are so creative! :)