Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Old friends...

Recently I signed up for Facebook and have found a long lost friend of mine from college. I never thought I needed to sign up, but it is really cool how you can connect with people that you've lost touch with! She just had a baby boy....her first, so I've been working on a little something for her...
I used some denim fabrics, lights and darks, from old jeans of ours and a lot of different blue cotton fabrics, stars and stripes and plaids. So much fun. I hope she likes it. I need to make time for more quilting, because I love it so!
And the next challenge over at Card-a-licious will be up soon! The challenge this week was to create a Friends card with ribbon and the color green. The card challenges really stretch my creativity!
I created a little purse card with an arrow handle with the ribbon. The green paper is by Cosmo Cricket - Girl Friday and the orange paper is Dream Street - Heartsong. I used a button by American Crafts "Flair" and a Melissa Frances rub on.

Well, I hope you are having a sweet day! My girls are playing Rock Band and having fun together. It's feeling like a lazy day today. Hugs,

21 comments:

Nicole said...

Danielle, I am LOVING that sweet little quilt! I bet she'll love it!

Also love your purse card!

Nicole said...

I had to come back because I think we just posted on each other's blog at the same exact time! LOL!! ;)

Anabelle O'Malley said...

That quilt is amazing!!! I would love to be able to quilt. ;) Though goodness knows when I'd find the time to do THAT! And your card is adorable. I'll have to get to work on mine.

Unknown said...

I, too didn't see the need for FB, but it has been great reconnecting. You are so sweet to make that beautiful quilt!

Marlou McAlees said...

I love your quilt Danielle, beautiful :) and your card is !!! amazing, :) ♥

Martha said...

I joined Facebook about 3 months ago and like you found a good old friend, too...it had been 10 years! So nice to reconnect.

Awesome "friends" card with the ribbon/arrow handle!!!

Lea L. said...

Gorgeous quilt! And that card is darling...I just love the addition of the AC Flair. Adds the perfect touch!

~Lea

Lori Renn said...

FB has gotten it's hooks into me as well. Love the quilt! What a sweet gift!

Nicole said...

Dani that blanket is beautiful! She will love it!

Audrey Pettit said...

I just recently joined facebook, too! I never thought I would want to, either, but it's been great finding so many people and catching up. I'll have to find you on there.
Your quilt is beautiful. What a sweet thing to do for your old friend. I shouldn't be surprised that you quilt as beautifully as you paper craft.
Your cardalicious card is absolutely adorable and unique and fun! Love the little purse shape!

janet said...

Hi!! The quilt is gorgeous!! Got to love stuff for a new little baby!!

Leslie Ashe said...

Dani!! LOOK at that beautiful quilt! WOW!! I have the perfect space for it!! ;D

And..how CUTE is your purse card!I want to carry that everywhere!

Hugs to you...
Leslie

Chrys said...

Adorable quilt!!! :) Cute card too! Yeah, facebook is awesome, but can get addicting too! Especially when your IMing people.... :)

Linda said...

I love your quilt, and your cards are so cute. I'm getting ready to make one for my new little granddaughter that will be born in June. Did you piece it by machine, I love the color choice@
Have a wonderful day,
Linda

TracyGirls(Jill) said...

Danielle-
I found some of your designs on scrapbook.com and thus discovered your blog. I just have to say that I think you have amazing talent! I don't know how you have the time to do all of these projects. I too am a mother of 2 girls and really enjoy scrapping and sewing...I used to have a bag business...but time was a big issue when baby number 2 came along. Anyway, I don't know you persoanlly, but just wanted to tell you that your talent is...well...WOW!
Jill

Shelley Haganman said...

LOVE, LOVE, the arrow handle!!

Babydoll said...

Wow!! Look at you!! That quilt is gorgeous. She's going to LOVE it. Love the card too!

Leinor said...

Love the sweet pink and green purse card, so cute!! Your friend is the luckiest being the recipient of such a special gift! So so lucky!!:)

Raechelle Bellus said...

totally cute card! The quilt is wonderful, i am sure your friend is going to love it! :)
Take care!

~Nancy~ said...

Such a cute card again Dani!!! And your friend is so lucky to receive an amazing gift like this!!! XOXO

Anonymous said...

oh dani, the jean quilt is gorgeous!!! what a special gift!!