Monday, February 2, 2009

Sweets for my sweeties...

Good morning! Sorry I have been neglecting this blog o' mine lately. I have been painting and painting....I'll attach some photos of our latest project, our living room. We decided to paint it a warmer color and have been changing out all of our trim to white, which was a huge undertaking! But I really enjoy how it's coming out, it has a much cozier feel now. I was always afraid the room would be too dark, but it's actually quite the opposite and feels larger, yet homier! If you've been thinking of changing colors, go for it! =)

Anyway before I get to that, let me share a couple of projects with you. I love Valentine's Day so much and love to be on the giving end...so I decided to create a little hanging heart to put treats in for my girls using the new Enchanting line. You can view the directions on the Pink Paislee blog today.This is a clear box that my chipboard came in from the new Enchanting line by Pink Paislee! Easy little project to create. I used the chipboard, papers and rub ons to decorate it and added some little candy words. I found a plastic mold at AC Moore, melted white chocolate colored with pink food coloring, poured it into the tray and put in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes to harden. They are so easy to do! You'll find this project and lots more coming soon in the Pink Projects section at Pink Paislee, so keep checking back!
Today the next challenge will be up over at Card-a-licious. The challenge was to create a card using 3 patterned papers and orange letter stickers. I used some of the new Melissa Frances Fresh Twist papers here and also a couple of MF rub ons and chipboard heart. The sticker letters are Pink Paislee's new Captivating stickers. I added the frame rub on right over the ribbon/papers then popped up the heart with pop dots. The background circle is by Worldwin Cardstock and I added a little bit of white ink on the edges.
I'll leave you with a few pics of our living room in progress with the new paint color!

Still working on the stairs...have to paint the bead board before the carpet comes this week. Phew! Then I'll be done!
When the lights are on, it looks like a different color, but it's the same color in the living room and on the stairs!

Thank you so much for stopping by!

38 comments:

Daniela Dobson said...

Wow, Dani, awesome projects. That PP paper is so fresh and pretty. YOur house looks great. I can't wait so see finished photos. I love the view of the snow outside.

Andrea said...

Your projects are so inspiring - I'm a regular lurker *grin*
I'm also looking forward to seeing more house pictures - looks like it will be beautiful!!

TriciaNae said...

Everything is gorgeous...the PP stuff...and your living room. I can only imagine what it will look like all put together. Can't wait to see!

Jennifer said...

wow!! I love your valentine projects and your living room looks great!!!

Linda said...

ugh!!!!! Painting! I have so much to do in my house and I have been avoiding it but I have to get busy.

I love all of the goodies. The hanging heart is just so cute, love the zig zag on the inside. Very beautiful

Lori Renn said...

Gorgeous creations, Dani!! Good luck with the remodel, hon.

Lea L. said...

Beautiful projects Dani!! Looks like your house is coming along beautifully!

~Lea

Becca said...

We are in the process of painting too! Isn't it tiring but so rewarding? It always turns into a bigger project than you think!

Beautiful work as always! So elegant!

Unknown said...

gorgeous work, as always Dani, love it all!!
Congrats on the painting progress, it looks fabulous!! That will be us this spring... grrrr, although I love the end result, the process sure is tiring (and seemingly neverending!) isn't it?!
Have a great day!!
~hugs~
Rae

Unknown said...

gorgeous colors Dani-your home looks so warm and cozy:)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!! Everything!!! Love the color you picked too!!!

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous projects, Dani!!
And your living room looks great, too!

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

Hi Daniele, love love your projects! and I have the same color in my livingroom to! :)love it!

Amanda Winchester said...

Your projects are gorgeous! We are doing some minor renos in our kitchen and are looking at paint colours now...I'm thinking warm colours too :)

Tracey Taylor said...

Beautiful stuff here, Dani. Love that PP line.

Love the new paint colour!

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooohh, the new paint looks beautiful! It looks quite a bit like my interior color. I just LOVE it! So rich and warm.
And your projects are gorgeous, as usual. I just made a little hanging heart container, too. But yours is much cuter! ;)
Love that you recycled some packaging, too. And your cardalicious card is brilliant. Love the round shape!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Love all of projects, as always. Your paint job looks awesome so far. Love that tan and the white combo. It's going to be beautiful!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous stuff, Dani!!!! your paint color looks awesome!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful treat container, it's something they can use as a decoration forever.

Alaine said...

Tag, you're it! http://alaineslife.blogspot.com/2009/02/tag-youre-it.html
PS Love your blog.

Chrys said...

great projects Dani!!! Can't wait to see the finished pictures of the house!

Beth said...

I'm lovin' the colors I've seen in your home so far! It will look even more amazing when you're done. Please say you'll post "after" photos!

Your projects are always inspiring to me too! Love to keep seeing them.

Lisa said...

I love decorating projects, but they are exhausting!!! Loving your choice of paint colors...can't wait to see the final results. Adorable valentine's projects! How is it you can still find time to create with paper when you are creating with a paint brush??? Amazing!

ellen s. said...

i am a big MF fan after using them for the first time this year..shhh! so glad to see you working with it and your room looks awesome! you are going to be so excited!!!

Shirley said...

Love that heart shaped project Dani! It looks like you have quite the painting project going on but it will be so great when it's done! Love the colors!

Penny'sfromHeavenreborn Nursery said...

Danielle
I love coming to your blog,I know sometimes you apoligize for not posting,but I have a feeling you are a very besy lady, and its not always about the quanity but the quality, and you always have something wonderful to show us Thanks for sharing......

Dolores said...

Dani as always your stuff is just jaw dropping sweetness. I love it all.

just lisa said...

absolutel beautiful work Dani!! Love all the sweetness!

Sherelle said...

I love how the paint is turning out...it looks great!

Anonymous said...

your colors are GORGEOUS!!!
absolutely beautiful!

Heather Grow said...

I love your living room colors. Maybe because they are similar to mine. You are right about the color looking different in different light. Mine looks totally different day and night.

Love the valentine projects too.

cornellgj said...

Love your projects, Dani! Your Cardalicious card is so sweet...I love the new Melissa Frances! :)

Tommie Jo said...

I love your design~pink and green are at the top of my list for favorite colors!

Christiane said...

hun, your stuff is pure eyecandy!! and i LOVE the muted colors in your rooms!! can't wait to see it finished!!

Unknown said...

your work is so elegant!

Laina said...

lovely work as always Dani! Quickly trying to catch up here! Lovin the painting work! Colour is a favourite and can be found in my home too!

Kim Watson said...

Goodness you are a popular girl...look at all these yummy comments!! I thought I'd stop by your blog & say HI!

You PP projects as usual are beautiful!! Have a super day!
~Kim!

PS: I love the high ceilings in your home :o)

Regina Easter said...

girl girl girl...i just love everything you do and the paint color is fab.....almost looks like something i have in my game room....but then again all colors look so different from the lighting...love to see when it is all done...hugs