Sunday, July 12, 2009

Park play...

Last week Taylor had soccer camp, so we had to get up early each morning and get her to camp. She had a good time and this was her first soccer experience! Her coach was my niece's 6th grade teacher this past year! My niece had signed up for it too, but she hurt her ankle on the first day and was out for the week. I was surprised that they had every age from first grade all the way up to 6th grade and they all worked on their skills together.

This week we are getting ready for our trip to Hampton Beach! I'm excited for a much needed vacation. I just hope the weather holds out for us. It's been raining SO much here...actually at least a little bit every day. It's going to be a rainy summer. I'm kind of bummed that I'm going to miss all the CHA sneaks and fun going on that week though! I'll have a lot of catching up to do when I get back and lots to show you.

Today I can share a page that I did for Dream Street this month with the MJ line of papers and rub ons by Lara Ellingson. Photos are of Kati when we discovered a new park by our house recently! I wish we would have known it was there a long time ago!
I printed out a star shape using Photoshop that was 3" tall and used it as a template, then traced it onto my page and used the sewing machine to stitch around the pencil lines. I love the star paper, as it works well with all kinds of photos! I added the MJ rub ons near the top (the white words).
To create the white journaling on the black background, I used Photoshop again, opened a new document with a black background and then added the text in white and printed on a white sheet of paper. The alphas are just a mixture of Doodlebug and Basic Grey that I painted yellow. I wanted some large alphas, but didn't have all of the letters in one set, so I had to combine them. The ! is an i turned upside down.

Be sure to stop by the Dream Street blog to see the previews of the new lines coming out!

11 comments:

ellen s. said...

i really love the colors on that layout. she is sooo cute!

Shirley said...

Gotta love using letters in unexpected ways! Very fun and cute!

Andrea Amu said...

Soo cute, Dani! Love the Houndstooth brad and the stitched star around it!

AbbieTorroll said...

oo that is just SO CUTE Dani!

Unknown said...

you know I love the page!

And soccer camp - how fun!

Tracey Taylor said...

This is adorable. Love that stitched star.

Kay said...

Such a beautiful and sweet layout!! The colors match her dress so perfectly. Stunning creation, Danielle!

Have a wonderful vacation and I'm crossing my fingers that you don't have rain!! ♥♥ Kay

Sherry Wright said...

Love that lo Dani, just perfect! :)

milkcan said...

LOVE that stitched star!

Joaniebolognie said...

Gorgeous page! Your DD is so darn cute! The colors just POP! And the stitched star is perfect!
Glad soccer camp was fun...we always had such a good experience at ours also....
Watch-out now you'll be turning into a Soccer Mom soon!!! LOL!
Oh....thanks for the blog love!!!!

stephanie clapper said...

Hey Danielle, Have been so busy lately, but stayed on my mind that I needed to stop by and thankyou b4 it got so late that I felt embarrassed, have some ideas I want to work on, but other things are taking up all my time, but I really was going to redirect my passions elsewhere, gave myself my own challenge, did well I thought, so need to post, picked up on the kits from Label & CMK, and just really wanted you to know I played what you said to me in your email over and over not to give up, thankyou, -have to tell you my daughter Jen & her family went to see the Tall Ships for the first time, said it was amazing, sounds like your vacation was incredible, happpy summer to you!! (love Kati's blue tongue)