Saturday, April 16, 2011

all aboard...

Choo choo! I have two boyish cards for you today. I will admit, I'm not the best at making boy cards, but I had a go at this cute little set called Train Tracks.
I don't own any Copic markers to color in the train, so I stamped it onto Studio Calico patterned paper. (First, I used the Train Tracks dies to cut out the pieces.) The little track is made with two strips of cardstock and then machine stitched. I used the Ad Sense die to create some little smoke puffs.
I also stamped the presents onto various papers from my stash and cut them out.

The Grandpa card utilizes the My Hero, My Dad set and the Chevron Stripes.
I tried to keep it on the simple side with two punched stars inked with Versamark ink to add a subtle shading effect and a button backed with a paper cut out with the Ad Sense scalloped circle die again.
I just love how the team has utilized the Chevron Stripes set. So many neat ideas for all of the sets. I'm so impressed with how each of the ladies comes up with totally different designs using the exact same sets!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great cards from you too Danielle! I love the paper pieced train with it's cargo of presents ;)
I'm totally excited about my next PTI order!! Thanks for your inspiration, hugs, Ruth S

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Great PTI projects this month, Dani! Love the little puffs of smoke on the train and how you made the chevron stripes on the Easter eggs below. Always such a treat to visit your blog, friend. :)

Gitte said...

really fun boy-cards, cool details

SallyB said...

Hi Danni...
I love how your cards are really different from anything else out there on blogs at the moment.
Your style is really cool...Love the train stamped on pattern paper and the cloud puffs are so quirky!

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

danielle! you do guy stuff good too?!!!! crazy good!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Danielle!

Fun card with the train! I love the Choo Choo in the bottom, really makes the sound go in your mind, as if the train is really coming by!
The grandpa card is really lovely! The bracket is gorgeous and I love the layout of your card!

Hugs, Wendy

Anonymous said...

I also love the "puffs" of smoke. So charming!

Regina Easter said...

hey girlie how are ya....these are super cute...have a blessed day....hugs

Novell said...

wonderful designs!!

Linda Beeson said...

Great cards but that Grandpa one is outstanding for a wonderful masculine look and the chevron designs are perfect.