Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Boy Basics...

Welcome to another Papertrey Ink blog hop! This month we are honoring the BOYS in our lives - dads, grandpas, sons, brothers, etc. There are several boy stamp sets coming out this month, so we each chose one set to work with for our blog hop. I chose the Simple Circles set, because I am in love with the stars....they could be used for so many things!

I made an "Honoring Dad" card and gift box...

There is a border die that goes with Simple Circles, so I punched three borders and then went to town with my stamps and all different ink colors, stamping onto the white cardstock borders. I placed the borders vertically on my card. Then I used the little Ad Sense scalloped circle die for the sentiment, popped it up with dimensional adhesive.
Next, to dress up a plain kraft gift box, I punched a bunch of stars and circles and stamped on these, then sewed them together with my sewing machine. The long banner was wrapped around the box. I left 2 long strings at either end to tie the banner underneath.
I did some stamping with the My Hero, My Dad sentiments on the stars and also directly on the gift box.
There you have it....fill with golf balls or fishing lures, etc., whatever your dad or special guy is into! :)

Stop by the Papertrey Ink ladies' blogs to see all of the other new BOY stamp sets for April!
------------------------------
{Honoring Dad card and gift box}
  • STAMPS:  Simple Circles and My Hero, My Dad
  • INK: Pure Poppy, Chamomille, Dark Chocolate, Hawaiian Shores, True Black, Ocean Tides
  • PAPER: white cardstock and kraft cardstock
  • DIES: Simple Circles, Ad Sense
  • OTHER: box – craft suppy, twine – The Twinery

    12 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I just adore everything you post on here. Your crafty inspiration is incredible! Have I told you that you rock?! PS: thank you for your visits to my blog & your sweet comments. :)

    Jen Carter said...

    So cute!! I love how the Twinery twine looks on your project too! Super color combo!

    Kathy Mc said...

    Great color choices for your circles as they really pop on your card and box. Who wouldn't appreciate whatever gift is placed inside? So many possibilities with those circles and coordinating border die ~ love it!

    Wendy ten Hove said...

    This is just perfect! I love the combination of dark kraft and the bright colors! What a fabulous idea!!! The red and white twine is perfect with this! I love, love, love, love what you made for today!
    Hugs, Wendy

    Anonymous said...

    Fun card and box - I love the simple design of repeating circles. Your colour palette is really making it pop, into something special ;)
    Hugs, Ruth S

    Unknown said...

    Wow! Awesome! Love the clean design and the colors just pop! What a great card and gift box idea:)

    Anonymous said...

    What a great idea for the special man in your life on Father's Day - thanks for sharing:)

    Noreen said...

    I love the way you used the circles on the gift package. They can be used for any occasion, for anybody!

    Helen L said...

    I really love the colors you used for this and how they go so well with the kraft cardstock. It's really eye-catching and fun (and masculine:-) thanks for your ideas!

    Scrappin Cheryl said...

    The garland you sewed is so CUTE! Love it!

    Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

    love the sewing, love the idea and love the use of The Twinery twine...this is just a really awesome project!

    Jill @ Create.Craft.Love. said...

    This is fantastic! I love how you sewed the stars and circles to make the embellishment for the box. I hope you don't mind - I am doing a gift wrap series and I am linking back to this post! Thanks so much for the inspiration!