Saturday, April 9, 2011

JBS + Crate + Sassafras = a perfect fit.

It's just about that time again to share the rest of my Jenni Bowlin kit projects for April! I went strictly with the main kit this time and produced several cards with it (in addition to the layout that I posted here). Three of my favorite companies in one kit...right on!

The brown text sticker was on the Sassafras sticker sheet and I thought it would be cute all dressed up with some colorful hearts. Color + kraft background = one of my favorite color combinations lately. I used a Papertrey Ink "thanks" stamp from the Mega Mixed Messages set with Jenni's Brown Sugar ink pad. I sanded the edges of the card.

On the Sweet Baby card, the large butterfly is traced from a JB butterfly die cut. I added a Crate Paper sticker from the kit down the center for extra color.
To create each antennae, I took a piece of white floss, folded it in half, then tied a knot in one end. It created a little loop on the end. A small and subtle detail, but I love those little unexpected details!
"Sweet Baby" is a Papertrey Ink stamp from my stash (the Mega Mixed Messages set) and I used Jenni Bowlin's Chewing Gum stamping ink.
This is a ticket shaped card inspired by the ticket shaped Sass. sticker. I added a pink photo corner, two of Jenni's date stickers from the kit and a Papertrey Ink stamp "Absolutely Fabulous" from my stash (Mega Mixed Messages again). I used a permanent StazOn ink because of the slipperiness of the date stickers. I wanted the ink to dry fast and not smear.
I chose to leave the wooden number plain here, as the wooden color - I thought - looked cute with the other pastel colors on the card.
The last one is my personal favorite! Another Sass. sticker here, and I covered two of the little wooden buttons from the kit with patterned paper, added a photo corner sticker and stamped a Papertrey Ink sentiment from my stash from their Button Boutique stamp set.
You can find Jenni Bowlin's April kits here.
I wanted to point out that even if you are not a card maker, you can still use these ideas on a layout as well! I love that the "blocked" design is in now....meaning the layout design is built in blocks or squares...and I can see one of these cards placed on a layout with photos next to it. Think of these cards as 1/4 of a layout design already done for you! :) Cards are so much easier for me to develop, since they are a smaller palette to work with. When I am creating a layout, I work on small sections at a time to keep from feeling overwhelmed by the larger space. I don't really think of myself as a "card maker", just as one who loves to work with smaller palettes. :)

17 comments:

papertrails leaver said...

Always inspiring your creations are! Love the card with the 1 on it!

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

love these Danielle! and love your idea about using the cards as the start of a layout . . .

farmhouse-story said...

these are all just darling, danielle!

Trine Brandt-Lassen said...

Especially Love the card with the butterfly. Great use of patterned paper

Anonymous said...

Love this inspiration Danielle! The butterfly antennae are adorable, and the buttons are cute ;)
I love your tips on using small blocks for scrapping. I'd love to dip my toes more into scrapbooking but I feel pretty nervous to try! Partly because I know my photos aren't brilliant and I don't really know how to edit them, and also because 12x12 is a big space! Thanks for the inspiration, hugs, Ruth S

Mandie said...

these are absolutely gorgeous, danielle!

Andrea Amu said...

Great cards!
I love the ticket shaped card and how you dressed up the kraft text sticker with the chain of hearts!

Vio said...

oh, how ~awesome!! I love each of these cards. It always has that looks-like-Danielle-did-it kind of look :o)

Anonymous said...

oh i love every single project. you mix the patterns and colors so perfectly :)

greetings from germany
Felicitas

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable Dani!!!

Keshet said...

So very pretty!

cherry said...

sooo pretty...and whimsical..makes me happy! cherry

Audrey Pettit said...

You are SO right, Danielle....JBS + Crate + Sass is a perfect fit and you have absolutely rocked the combo. I LOVE your cards! Each and every one. :)

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

These are wonderful Danielle! Lots of great projects that you have posted lately! I enjoyed looking at them all!

Karen Letchworth said...

I just love your inspiring touches, Danielle. Every time I go "antiquing or thrift store shopping", I look for cute little vintage goodies to incorporate into my art. Thanks for inspiring me.
Karen

Elizabeth said...

Amazing cards Danielle! I sure hope that my cards look as amazing as yours does!! I know I always say that but they are inspiring!
Hoping that your week is going great!
e.

Jennifer Yates said...

WOW!WOW! These are definitely some of my favs from you! Just exquisite!!!