Friday, July 8, 2011

happy Friday...

I hope you had a great week and have an even better weekend. I've been busy packing for my trip home, mowing, doing laundry and finishing up my CHA projects, so I haven't had time to create much else lately. But...I just ran across some cards today that I didn't post a long while ago.

Here I made one of my famous stitched heart banners. All of the things I love are on this card - embossing, stamping, sprayed seam binding, pins, crepe paper roses, and stitched hearts from old book paper! :)

I made these for the Paper Crafts Go To Gals challenge. Back in January, they asked me to try out for the Go To Gals magazine team! Imagine my shock! Well, after several weeks of trying out, needless to say, I didn't make the team. However, I am counting my blessings, being happy for what I do have, and staying positive! I feel very blessed that I was asked to try out.
On this card, I used a Melissa Frances pocket and turned it upside down. Lots of Melissa Frances products here, including the pocket, sticker, frame, and crepe paper. Flower is Prima and background paper is Pink Paislee - Daily Junque.
I wanted to share some other news with you as well today. I've recently decided to leave the Jenni Bowlin team and the Crate Paper team. Both of which I LOVED every minute of, but I just decided that things were getting to be too much for myself and my family. It's really hard to let something go that you love, but more important to give that time to the people you love the most. I hear that a lot in this industry. It's really easy to get wrapped up in things, and teams, and creating. But really, what is the most important thing in life? :) It will always be family. 

Of course, I will still be creating and blogging, because I could never let that go all together. I still have Pink Paislee, Papertrey Ink and Melissa Frances. I am going to be doing a few retail kits here and there (more info on that soon) and I have some other things brewing for the fall. :)

Thanks for reading today! I have some blog posts set and ready to go the next couple of weeks, so stay tuned for Papertrey Ink projects on the 12th, 13th and 15th.

20 comments:

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Beautiful designs, Danielle! You're my Go-to gal regardless of any title or team! Love your work!

Michelle said...

Your cards are beautiful. All of your work is!!! No matter what, I will be here, reading your blog, in awe of your work, regardless of what, if any, dt you chose to be on. I can completely understand the need to let some go. Family is so important.

Anonymous said...

These are both stunning, and I've always wondered how you kept up with all your design work. I'd choose you as a Go-to Gal any day. I'm constantly inspired here by your work!

Danielle Flanders said...

Thank you so much, ladies! I really appreciate your sweet, encouraging words. It was really a tough decision, but I'm glad to give more my summer to my girls. They deserve it! :)
Danielle

SugarGem said...

Oh my gosh. These are beautiful.

carol (krillsister) said...

Your cards are absolutely beautiful. You have such a talent for creating the most beautiful cards.

milkcan said...

I think you're wickedly talented.

vio~ said...

You are THE go-to-gal in so many ways :) ... I totally agree that family is the most important. Thanks for sharing this post.
p/s I love the heart banner.. it is brilliant!!!

Kathy Martin said...

These cards are really sweet! Love!

Sue Ann said...

Well I will say that you are in my G reader which means you are so a go to gal ...... I mean really I wear a tiara to do laundry but I am not an official Queen :) Now I do not get to comment often because my wee ones are usually pulling me in 5 different directions when I am scrolling and staring posts in my GR or marking it unread so I can drool again but today Monsters is on and I just had to say that the first card on this post makes my heart do back flips ...... the elements are so perfect together and the colors put a spring in my step. I know it is a sympathy card and it will for sure give someone that warmth in their heart to receive it but really this is just perfect for a number of reasons to send a card. That heart stitched banner is so lovely and must be tried on my next card ~~ do you have a post that you can refer me to for the flowers ....... LOVE .... I tell you I AM IN LOVE ........

Anonymous said...

Wow, these are stunning. I love the stitched heart border, so pretty.

SuZeQ said...

I understand how you feel about 'family first' and why you are leaving the teams ... but we're sure gonna miss you!

Elizabeth said...

Danielle I love your newest cards!! Of course I love all of your cards, like everyone else too!!! They are amazing girl!

I know you must be SO excited to go on your trip, you are going to have so much fun! Take loads of photos and relax!!

Isn't it funny how sometimes our journey ends when we least expect it? I know that feeling of pulling back from some things to focus more on your family! You will be missed by both companies but I always feel like when one door closes another one opens!!! Wish you well!
e.

AllyW said...

Nobody rocks a card like you do!!

PetCareRx Reviews said...

Amazing post !! I love the designs,Is more Beautiful and have more uses.thanks for sharing..

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Love your cards!! They are gorgeous, as is everything you do. Go to Gal or not, you are the queen of cards! Glad to hear you're going to have more time for your family. Have an amazing time at home. :)♥

fliki said...

Wow, you got that wonderful blog with so much inspiration. That is so neat.
I`ll be back to have a look again!

hello from Germany

fliki

crowd SPRING said...

Nice Cards.. I can completely understand the need to let some go. Family is so important.

jan metcalf said...

Sweet string of hearts!

charm bracelets said...

Impressive Card! i liked the basic idea and the design of the website! thanks for sharing.