Wednesday, November 2, 2011

autumn bliss...

Fall is always a hectic time of year for us, with pumpkin picking and carving, Halloween, Taylor's birthday and Thanksgiving. It always seems to go by so fast!

Today Taylor turns 12 years old! She reminded me she's a "pre-teen" and boy does she have the attitude to match! :) (...said in the most fond way. ha) Happy birthday to you - we love you, Taylor!
 
She decided instead of a party, she wanted to go to the Indoor Water Park with us this weekend. Should be fun. Something different to do! We haven't been there yet, so we are staying overnight and making a weekend out of it.

She doesn't let me take pictures of her much anymore, so I thought I'd share some recent ones of her... they are few and far between these days. :)
I scrapped a fall layout yesterday of Kati and her friend Maddie at the pumpkin patch from this month! The photos are not perfect....she's kind of frowning, and her hair is a mess...but we had such a great time and I wanted to get them scrapped! I love fall photos, they have the best colors.
I printed out the large pic of her in a 5" x 7" and layered a wallet sized of her and her friend over the top. I punched out some 2" Maple Leaves from various Autumn Press papers by Studio Calico.
Sticker letters are the Addy Alpha in yellow. The little leaves are cut from one of the Autumn Press papers. I added a Studio Calico chipboard button and Calico Die Cut Tag.
I used a 2" circle punch and punched 1/2 of a circle out to house one of the little leaves, then added the title around it.
Thank you to Studio Calico again for having me as a guest this month and for all of the beautiful products to work with. I can't wait to put them to good use again. (Those sticker letters are my FAVE ever, ever! I had to get them in every color!)

9 comments:

Diana Waite said...

BEAUTIFULLY done--just love the colors and the title is GREAT!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Taylor!!! I cannot believe that she is 12. The girls are looking so big!!!

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous ♥

Holly Saveur said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter...hope you have a great weekend!
Gorgeous scrap page!

Cheryl said...

gorgeous autumn colours - love the patterned leaves!

Kathy Martin said...

I adore this page! :)

flowersandhome said...

Beautiful post! Happy Birthday Taylor!!! I have a daughter that age too, that attitude too ;-)
Same thing with the 'taking pictures of' as well. Must be the age ;-)
Bye,
Marian

Linda Beeson said...

The layout has sooooo many great details.

Ranjini said...

So beautiful Dani! We miss you at JBS but I pop in here periodically. Wanted to tell you the girls are BEAUTIFUL - messy hair, attitude and all! Keep showing us glimpses of your life because I love seeing your gorgeous work!
Ranjini