Wednesday, November 9, 2011

grateful for friends...

All this month on the Pink Paislee blog, we are sharing ideas for the theme of “gratitude” or “family”. Today I have mixed a couple of Pink Paislee lines on my layout, the Butterfly Garden line and the Nantucket line.  That is one thing about Pink Paislee papers that I love so much -  they coordinate so well, no matter what papers you choose!
Journaling says, “So grateful for friends! Taylor, Kati, Makayla and Madelynn at the pumpkin patch this year. 10-2011″

I started the layout by choosing papers I liked together from the Butterfly Garden and Nantucket lines, and just punched 2″ circles out of them with my Fiskars punch. I placed them on white cardstock. Next, I used a bunch of photos from our pumpkin picking this year.  My girls had some friends come along with us this time, and it was a great photo opportunity! 
I used some Nantucket Ribbon Trims (yellow stripe), a Nantucket Clear Stamp (script text), a heart pin from my stash by Little Yellow Bicycle, a little clock brad from the Vintage Vogue line and the alphabet letters from the Phantom line.

Some of the photos I took in the pumpkin patch were taken far away, so I was able to punch the small faces out and add them inside these patterned paper circles.
I printed out some journaling and added it to the bottom of my page, then added some strips of paper and Core’dinations cardstock around the edge of the layout.


What are you grateful for this season? We had to put our cat down yesterday, she was 16 years old and not feeling well. Yesterday wasn't a good day for me, as it was a difficult decision, but you know what? It makes me SO much more grateful for everything else I have in my life. It makes me not want to take anything for granted! Today I have much more patience, more empathy, more realization that things are not forever. I want to soak in every moment.

I hope you'll visit the Pink Paislee blog for more inspiration. xo

17 comments:

Cindy Tobey said...

Absolutely gorgeous layout Danielle! And I'm so sorry about your kitty. ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

gorgeous page!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Dani!

Stephanie said...

This is gorgeous! I love how you created the border.

Марыся said...

Circle, circle, circle! Exelent! it is perfect idea!

jen shears said...

Love the layout & all the papers you've used. So sorry about your kitty... Sounds like today was a better day!

Jennifer said...

LOVE this layout!!! (=

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

So pretty! Love the heart stick pin!

Sara said...

What a beautiful layout! Love the circles and the die cut leaf. The colors too. Wonderful!

Holly Saveur said...

So gorgeous ..love it!

Bonnie said...

Love your Layout Danielle !! Big <> go out to you, so sorry to hear about your kitty...I can totally relate, not an easy decision.

Sharon Huffman said...

That is a beautiful LO and such a nice way to showcase those smaller pictures! Hugs being sent to you for comfort over the loss of your kitty. We have a house full of dogs and cats and have lost two dogs over the past couple of years. The first we were forced to decide, the second granted my wish by going across the bridge by. I'm typing because on this phone there are ads that cover the text box.

Sharon Huffman said...

Correction. It't not an ad it's the blog header. Not sure why it does that.

Karen B said...

Beautiful page! I love all of your creations, the way you combine patterns and textures is magical

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your cat, pets are a part of the family, and while it is a loving thing to do---it is never a decision made easily, my heart goes out to you and your family.

Elizabeth said...

An Danielle I can imagine how it must have felt to have to put your cat down. I know that is very hard to do. I hope that you find solace today!

Also, your layout is amazing! I have been wanting to get a circle punch for so long and now because of your layout, I am going to buy one!!!
e.

Leigh Penner said...

I absolutely love this layout, Danielle! It is gorgeous and I love all the little details you added!

Keshet said...

Dani, this is just gorgeous!