Saturday, November 12, 2011

Flower Fusion #10 and Think Big Favorites #10...

Hi all! Welcome to Day 3 of the Papertrey Ink countdown! I am helping out this month for the previews and get to show you what I made with the Flower Fusion #10 stamp set and the Think Big Favorites #10, both are new sets this month coming out on the 15th.

I couldn't resist using lots of bright, happy colors to cheer up the recipient! I stamped the flowers in multiple inks, then added the different centers and some Think Big sentiments. I didn't want the stem, so I masked off the long stem on the flower, and added some leaves here and there in Spring Moss ink. It's a really pretty green in real life! I couldn't get it to photograph that well today, but trust me, it's a gorgeous color. I used creme cardstock for the background.
Here I stamped the sentiment right over the flowers. It's fun to experiment with different colors/inks for these flowers!
Stamped Flower card set:
Stamps: Flower Fusion #10, Think Big Favorites #10
Ink: Pure Poppy, Spring Moss, Summer Sunshine, Raspberry Fizz, True Black, 
Hawaiian Shores, Berry Sorbet by PTI. Chewing Gum by Jenni Bowlin.
Paper: Harvest Gold and Hawaiian Shores cardstock by PTI
Dies: corner rounder
Other: PTI twine, machine stitching.
----------

Next, I have a couple of cards utilizing the Flower Fusion #10 dies. 
I wanted to make a little "polaroid-looking" frame to house my popped-up flower, so I cut a rectangle from cardstock and then punched a square from the center. I know it's upside down. ha! Not sure why I did that... Anyway, I stamped the blue polkadots from the Flower Fusion #10 to decorate the frame.
I added the flower with a tiny clothespin to resemble a stem. (My girls told me I should have painted it green! Maybe I should have? Oh, I get all kinds of feedback. lol)
Feel Better Soon card:
Stamps: Flower Fusion #10, Think Big Favorites #10
Ink: Pure Poppy,  Raspberry Fizz, Hawaiian Shores, Dark Chocolate, Spring Moss
Paper: Aqua Mist cardstock by PTI, white cardstock, 
(stripe) Nantucket by Pink Paisee
Dies: Flower Fusion dies, square punch
Other: ribbon by May Arts, Melissa Frances pearl, crafty supply mini clothespin.
---------

On this one, I used a glassine bag by Papertrey Ink as a card.  Pure Poppy ink is used for the Think Big sentiment here. Inside the bag, I added white cardstock also stamped with circles...this is where you can write the note for the recipient!
I punched out the leaves and trimmed them down, then added a couple of layers of them.
See the little clouds? I made these very simply with the flower die! I punched out the flower, stamped it in blue ink and cut the top of the flower off to make a cloud.
Wishing You Brighter Days pocket card:
Stamps: Flower Fusion #10, Think Big Favorites #10
Ink: Pure Poppy, Summer Sunshine, Hawaiian Shores
Paper: white cardstock
Dies: Flower Fusion
Other: pins by Little Yellow Bicycle, May Arts ribbon.
----------

And one more. This one utilizes a tri-fold card from Papertrey Ink, some new ribbon called Soft Stone Swiss Dot 5/8",  and new paper by Papertrey Ink called Peace Be Still (behind the heart).





Tri-fold Get Well card:
Stamps: Flower Fusion #10, Think Big Favorites #10
Ink: Pure Poppy, Smokey Shadow,
Paper: white and creme cardstock, Pink Paislee script,
Peace Be Still paper by PTI
Dies: Flower Fusion #10, Pinking Shear Border Die, 2" circle punch,
small circle punch, heart punch
Other: Soft Stone Swiss Dot 5/8" ribbon by PTI, Prima flower,
chipboard stripe by Studio Calico, Melissa Frances resin keyhole.
----------

Please visit Lisa Johnson also today! She's sharing a project or two made with a new set called Willow. Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

jan metcalf said...

So creative!!! Bright and cheerful colors! Really adore the glassine bag! With the little heart pins on the flowers!! And your last one is a 'stand' out as well!!

BeverlyBL said...

Lots of really nice creations. Love your color combinations and your really clever flower clouds. I would have never thought of that. Thanks so much.

Daniela Dobson said...

Dani, these ate really cute a d very creative. I love all the bright cord and the glassine bag is my favorite!!!

Judy F. said...

Your cards are just beautiful! I especially love the glassine bag and tri-fold. Your color choices are perfect. I tend to shy away from bold colors, but you've really changed my mind on this subject. Thanks for your great inspiration!

wendy said...

very cheerful and fun...love the different cards and styles!

jintyoo7 said...

Gorgeous! Love all the details you put on your cards, like the random lines of sewing and the stick pin flowers!! Wonderful inspiration - thank you :o)

Marlou McAlees said...

these are gorgeous Danielle, love your style :) ♥

Elizabeth said...

I love your colors, they are so bright and cheery and make me smile! I am sure while you were creating them you were smiling too!!!!

Hope your weekend is going great!
e.

Elisa said...

why all of your cards are just perfect!!!!!
thanks for sharing :)

Ruth S said...

Lots of adorable projects - I'm saving up for my next order already!
Rx

Angela NJ said...

I really like your bright and cheery cards; the card set has totally made me re-think the flower fusion stamp series. I also really like that ribbon you used - it matches perfectly. Thanks.

Holly Saveur said...

Such sweet happy cards..LOVE them!

Donna Jannuzzi said...

Danielle, I always love your cards, and these are all so pretty. I especially love the flowers you made using the stick pins. Can you tell me where you got the little plastic pin covers for the tips? Did they come with the pins or is there somewhere you can buy them? Thanks! =)

Wendy ten Hove said...

These are pretty!! I looove the cheery flowers on your first cards! Makes me happy!!
Hugs, Wendy

Danielle Flanders said...

Thanks, everyone!
Donna, those little pins came with the Little Yellow Bicycle pins, but you can buy those clear backs at any earring shop!
Danielle

famillemarleau said...

Your cards are so beautiful. I love them. You're very talented. Thanks for sharing, Johanne L.

Mindy Miller said...

Gorgeous! I just love those bright fun colors you used on the get well cards.