Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A berry sweet party.

I'm gearing up for Kati's birthday this weekend and thought I'd pop in to show you the invitations I've made. We are doing a "strawberry theme" this year, as you might have seen in a previous post of mine here. :) Kati can hardly wait for the party! I just hope the weather holds out for us and doesn't rain. 13 seven year olds might get a little rowdy inside the house!
To make the invitation background, I used LilyBee paper (polkadot) and some Crate paper I believe (woodgrain) with the Card Base-ics #2 die. I stamped the lines with a stamp from By Invitation. The polka dots stamped in the background are Polka Dot Basics II. "Berry sweet" is from Strawberry Patch Sentiments and "party" is from Happy Day. The strawberry is made with the Strawberry Patch stamps and dies.
I couldn't help but to stamp the envelopes too.
Since Kati is not big on cake, we are doing an ice cream bar with several toppings from them to choose from, but I am making mini cupcakes (with strawberry frosting) to top off our ice cream for those who do like cake! I will try and update with more pictures after the party. Thanks for reading today,



12 comments:

~amy~ said...

a-dorable! I love these...the design and that smidge of felt is perfect!

June K said...

OMG, these are so darn cute. And they just look so, well, "girlie." The 13 seven year olds are going to love these.

Annette Allen said...

awesome invites....

The Mize of Texas said...

So very cute!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Oh, I LOVE these!!! What a fun theme for a party! :)

Holly Saveur said...

So sweet and gorgeous..LOVe it!
have a great party!

Leigh Penner said...

Super sweet, Danielle! Enjoy the party!

bonnie said...

Such a cute invitation and party idea!

Marybeth said...

Danielle these are such pretty invites! Love the colors and the strawberry theme. I have a hard time with the card Base-ics #2 die I never know what size to cut the center paper. When you a free min. would you mind letting me know the center paper size you used. Thanks! Happy birthday to your sweet daughter, I hope she enjoys her day.

Lani said...

Love the invites and the party ideas. Thanks for sharing!

Lani said...

Love the invites and the party ideas. Thanks for sharing!

Kathy Mc said...

Danielle, these invites are simply adorable! Can see why she wanted you to go with the strawberry theme.