Monday, June 25, 2012

More party pics.

Who knew some pvc pipes, pool noodles and sponges could be so much fun?! Kati had her 7th birthday this weekend, and I saw a neat idea on the Family Fun website (after hearing from a fellow Papertrey Ink friend about hers that she made!) to make a "kiddie car wash". The girls loved it, kept them quite busy!
Here is the link if you'd like to make your own kiddie car wash! Took a couple of hours to put together (and a couple of trips to the store to return the wrong pieces that I grabbed), but it turned out really cute. The pool noodles and sponges were from the dollar store and we added some colorful duct tape across the tops. I think we'll be playing with this for the entire summer!
We did an ice cream bar complete with a variety of toppings -- strawberry/chocolate/butterscotch syrup, cookie dough bites, M&M's, marshmallows, sprinkles, etc. (I promise we had healthy snacks too.:))



(Her friend Brooke gives her birthday spankings as we sing happy birthday. ha)
Between the car wash, swing set, parachute and trampoline, they were quite content. I am always worried on how to entertain them when I have a house party, but I really didn't have to!
We had a strawberry theme, after Kati saw my strawberry patch basket from one of my previous projects, she really wanted to do that for her party! I used the Strawberry Patch stamps and dies to make goodie bags with little notebooks that I made for the girls, pencil toppers, headbands and rings made out of felt with the strawberry dies, and strawberry candy and Pixie Stix. I tried my hand at making strawberry cookies with a heart-shaped cookie cutter.

Here is the birthday girl opening her gifts!
This month has been nuts for us with graduations, birthdays, end of school things, field trips, etc. So now that most of that is done, I will hopefully be creating more again soon. I do have some layouts to share with you next! Thanks for visiting!



11 comments:

Nirupama said...

What an awesome idea!

Teka Cochonneau said...

That looks so fun! I can't wait until Charlotte is old enough for girl parties. I really look forward to it.

Jennifer K said...

Looks like so much fun! Might have to talk my hubby into making one. :)

TenSGal said...

What a fun party! You did a wonderful job on it and I bet your daughter will never forget it! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time!! I will have to tell my dil about the kiddie card wash, the girls would love it!

Melonie said...

Looks like everyone had a blast:)

Meredith MacRitchie said...

SO fun!!! I love the idea of an Ice Cream bar party... I have to log that away in my idea file. It looks like those girls had a great time!

Kathy Martin said...

Looks like a lot of happy little girls and an awesome party! :)

Kathy Mc said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Katie! What a nicely executed birthday party for girls this age. I'm sure they had an absolute blast. Love your strawberry cookies ~ bet they were delicious!

Pat said...

You did a great job with the party! I bet you were exhausted at the end of the day!

Jill Norwood said...

Love the car wash you made! How fun! And the heart "strawberry" cookies are adorable! Have to try this! :)