Friday, June 15, 2012

Release day.

It's the 15th, and that means we get to share all of our Papertrey Ink creations for the month! This was the first card I made when my goodies arrived. I LOVE the hexagons and can see a serious addiction forming!

I used the Hexagon Cover Plate with Soft Stone cardstock. I left some of the Soft Stone hexagons in and added other stamped hexagons with the Happy Hexagons stamp set!
Happy Birthday card:
STAMPS: Happy Hexagons
INK: Spring Moss, Pure Poppy, Harvest Gold, Orange Zest, True Black, Blueberry Sky
PAPER: white and Soft Stone cardstock
DIES: Cover Plate: Hexagon
OTHER: rustic twine, dimensional adhesive.
_______

And because I couldn't stop playing with the hexagons, I made this.


Way to Go card:
STAMPS: Happy Hexagons, Think Big Favorites #17
INK: Sweet Blush, Spring Moss,Winter Wisteria, Plum Pudding
PAPER: White cardstock, Soft Stone cardstock
DIES: Cover Plate: Hexagon, Eyelet Lace Die
OTHER: floral pin, Smash Tape, pearl, Papertrey Ink felt, dimensional adhesive.
_______

The next card was made with the new Lovely Layers stamps and dies. I was feeling the purple again.
I used two 3" envelopes as the card base, punched two tiny holes and tied them together with twine. The new Limitless Layers 2.25" Square die fits right in the pocket! I cut it from Soft Stone cardstock and added some teal felt leaves with a pin.  (You can add an earring back to the pin if you are worried about the recipient being poked. Or just trim the end off with scissors to remove the point.)
On the inside, I tucked another little note with the Limitless Layers die again. I embossed some sayings on the envelope and added some hexagons for color.
So Grateful for You card:
STAMPS: Lovely Layers, Happy Hexagons
INK: Fresh Snow, True Black,Sweet Blush, Lavender Moon, Plum Pudding
PAPER: white, Soft Stone cardstock
DIES: Lovely Layers, Cover Plate: Hexagon, Limitless Layers 2.25" Square
OTHER: True Black ribbon, Aqua Mist felt, 3" envelopes by PTI, True Black button, pearls, Maya Road pin.
_______

Here is the new Framed Out #5 stamps and die in action. I cut the frame from the Fine Linen Pattern Pack and used Sweet Blush, Pure Poppy inks for the flowers and sentiment, and yellow (Harvest Gold) for the leaves. Who says leaves have to be green? :)


Wishing You Well card:
STAMPS: Framed Out #5, Natural Beauties
INK: Sweet Blush, Pure Poppy, Harvest Gold, Fine Linen
PAPER: Rustic White, Sweet Blush
DIES: Framed Out #5
OTHER:Seam binding.
______

Next is Background Basics: Rainbows and a We Go Together sentiment.
I started by stamping the Pure Poppy ones with Orange Zest in the middles, then the Summer Sunrise ones with Harvest Gold centers. The clouds are cut with a die and the heart is cut with the Tiny Tags die. Love these happy little rainbows!
You Make Me Happy card:
STAMPS: Background Basics: Rainbows, We Go Together (sentiment)
INK: Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold, True Black
PAPER: Pure Poppy Pattern Pack (heart), My Mind's Eye (gray), Harvest Gold and Rustic White cardstock
DIES: Clouds die, Tiny Tags
OTHER: staple, floss.
______

This one is made with Military Stars and another We Go Together sentiment. I used Spring Moss, Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky and Soft Stone for the background circles.
A Harvest Gold star is popped up with dimension. I thought to add the file folder tab at the top to go with the saying "for the record".

For the Record card:
STAMPS: We Go Together, Military Stars
INK: Spring Moss, Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky, Harvest Gold, Soft Stone, True Black
PAPER: Fine Linen Pattern Pack, Aqua Mist Pattern Pack
DIES: Desktop File: Left die
OTHER: Fiskars star punch.
______

Here is Military Stars with Military Hero sentiments.

I used Spring Moss, Spring Rain and Harvest Gold for the stars in the background, then stamped the sun rays over the top with Soft Stone ink (from Hello Sunshine).

Our Hero card:
STAMPS: Military Hero (sentiment), Military Stars, Hello Sunshine
INK: Spring Moss, Spring Rain, Harvest Gold, Blueberry Sky, Pure Poppy
PAPER: White cardstock, Simply Chartruese Pattern Pack
DIES: none
OTHER: pinking shears, star punch by Fiskars.
______

The last card features the little banners and saying from Heart-2-Heart #5. I actually used the big star from Military Stars (yellow one) to stamp all over the card. Then I cut the little banners out and stamped them in all different colors, and placed them over the top of the big stars to form my own little patchwork looking stars! In other words, I used the large stamped stars as a guideline to build stars with banner shapes!
I added a Super Stars Border Die cut from Summer Sunrise paper.
Celebrate Star card:
STAMPS: Heart-2-Heart #5, Military Stars
INK: True Black, Pure Poppy, Spring Moss, Sweet Blush, Harvest Gold, Spring Rain
PAPER: White and kraft cardstock,
DIES: Heart-2-Heart #, Super Stars Borders Die
OTHER: Pure Poppy ribbon.
______

That's it for me. I hope you enjoyed the projects today. I have to say this was one of my favorite months ever at Papertrey Ink! Visit the rest of the team to see more samples with these products, and be sure to grab the products tonight beginning at 10 pm EST at Papertrey Ink!

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh love your cards!! You make me Happy is fantastic-love how you made stars out of the flags from Heart-2-Heart. Oh I like them all!!

TenSGal said...

Wonderful cards! I love all the hexagon cards...and your cards just make me smile...they are so happy and cheerful. Wonderful color choices!

Susan

Kristii said...

Love, love, love each and every card Danielle!! You have completely inspired me and now I want to buy it all!

Debbie Brackett said...

Love what you did with all the new designs! I can't wait until 9 tonight to order!!!!

Nancy said...

Love your style and the cards are divine especially the first "hexagon" one, oh my.

marilyn said...

Love your cards. The little pennants star is adorable.

Annette Allen said...

wow you have been busy...these are all amazing...thanks for sharing..

Lani said...

H2H #5 so clever! Great shares.

Melonie said...

These are all fantastic Danielle!!! LOVE them all but the hexagons are definitely my fave:) Great stuff!

Lisa said...

Such beautiful work! I, too, love the hexagons! Just wanted to stop by with a quick hi. I am making my entrance back into the blogging world. I've so missed your blog and all your creative genius! Hope all is well with you...-Lisa

Holly Saveur said...

STUNNING cards...LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Stunning Dani!!!!!

Diana Waite said...

wow, wow! these are some GORGEOUS creations!

Tracey McNeely said...

All incredibly beautiful and inspiring creations Danielle!

Larissa Heskett said...

BEAUTIFUL CREATIONS!! =) I LOVE your use of color and all of the FUN Designs!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

Nancy Penir said...

Danielle, your cards are inspiring. I learn so much from all you girls. Thank you. Can't wait to try the hexagons. ('play with' is the perfect description, by the way).

Gabby said...

I am happy to see your post full of crafty goodness! All of your cards are so refreshing ... the designs, colors, papers. Not too layered, not too crowded or complicated ... just goodness at it's best! TFS :)

jintyoo7 said...

Fabulous post with so much gorgeous detail to ogle - thank you :)

Simeachen said...

Wow, Danielle, I LOVE the Hexagon-Cards! They are so fresh and cool!

Andrea Amu said...

Ohh my!! Sooo much to take in! It's like sensory overload, lol! I sooo am going to want the hexagons... in th eworst way!

The stars and the rainbows... gosh, how adorable. You are a rockstar!