Tuesday, June 5, 2012

"Snippets" of our summer.

I know, it's about time that I did another blog post! It's been crazy here. June is always the busiest month for us with end-of-year school functions, graduations, birthdays, and this week I'm working on the next Papertrey Ink countdown. I've been planning our vacations for the summer and doing more home renovations (painting trim and walls.) Never a dull moment here! Anyway, today was my day to make a post over at the Pink Paislee blog, and this week is called "Shape Shifters". We are focusing on how to incorporate shapes into your projects.

Today I want to talk about the most basic of shapes, circles. Yes, they are basic, but really there is so much you can do with circles! What I love about them is that they create movement on a page and create softness, as they have no hard angles to them.

I started with a basic white cardstock 12×12″ background and punched some 2″ circles of my favorite papers from the She Art line and the Prairie Hill line that I thought were summery and would go with my theme and photos. I loved the Soar paper from the She ART line with its different patterns and thought of my title for the layout from this paper – “snippets” of summer. I wanted to add little snippets of color to the page, which is why I chose so many differing patterns and colors together! To me, summer is fun and colorful!

The London Market Spool Buttons and the Indigo Bleu Boutique Flair Buttons add more fun circular elements to the page as well. I used a new frame coming out this month by Papertrey Ink with Soft Stone cardstock in the center to frame out the rest of the title. A white felt heart was added over the frame.

You can create your own circle embellishments by punching a shape out of cardstock and then punching a circle around it like I did here at the top of the page with the heart. I stitched around it with my sewing machine very randomly.
Circles can be used on any seasonal layout – think of circles to build a snowman or snowflakes on a layout, circles could be bubbles on a bath layout or blowing bubbles layout…really so many possibilities with them. Punch photos into circle shapes to add to the feel. For more ideas with shapes this week and for a supply list, visit the Pink Paislee blog.



10 comments:

Annette Allen said...

awesome layouts...love all those circles...

Evgenia Petzer said...

stunning! so strong sense of style:)

Emily said...

Awesome layout, I love the colorful circles against the white background!!

Anonymous said...

So cute Dani!! :-)

Jingle said...

This is just fabulous!

Unknown said...

Loving what you did with all of those circles! The stitching adds a perfect touch.

Kathy Martin said...

Love all these colorful circles! Great page!

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous layout, Danielle! I love all of your circles! Very fun!

Holly Saveur said...

GORGEOUS!!

Taheerah said...

Danielle as usual your creations never fail to inspire and amaze me!! I love your work!!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving some love and good luck wishes!!