Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Planetarium card kit reveal...

Hi there! Popping in to post the cards from Studio Calico's May card kit, Planetarium. :) I loved the patterns in the main card kit and really wanted to use that kit solely to show you some fun things you can do with it.

On the first card, I just angled the 6x6" papers and added some star embellies - all from the kit. The "love you to the moon and back" was already printed onto the gray and white striped paper.

Here I backed the big chipboard star with the darker patterned paper for contrast and to add a sentiment, since the paper was already printed with sayings! The doily was cut with Papertrey Ink's Doily Details die. 

On the third one, I wanted to use the "love you to pieces" sentiment. In the 6x6" paper pad now, there is an index paper in the front that shows you all of the patterns in the paper pad! So much fun! Well, I LOVED the stripe of this index paper and had to incorporate it into a card! I just cut 2 little strips of it and thought the "pieces" of paper went well with the saying. It was a great way to infuse lots of color.

Here I used the cute stamps in the kit to create a background filled with frames. I added some paper in some of the frames and then rubbed my Vintage Cream ink pad over the top to soften the whole look. The XOXO is stamped with a 2 step stamp from the kit. (I think this one is my favorite!) HERE'S another card that I made with the stamp set from my Studio Calico gallery.

The last one was made with the North Star Card Kit Add-On.

The patterns were really cute, so I just cut them very randomly and tore the edges for a shabby look. The ribbon was pleated in the center and turned into a flower. You can't see it very well in this picture, but I edged the left side with the eyelet ribbon as well.

Sign up today for these fun card kits from Studio Calico!

I am going to start working on my Papertrey Ink countdown projects today. The box is here and after taking a month off, I'm anxious to get started again! How I missed my Papertrey Ink stamps! We are in temp housing and moving into our new house in about 8 days, so I better get as much done as I can for this month before moving again. Take care, and stop back again soon!! Hope your day is going well! xo

6 comments:

Melissa said...

MIss you! So happy to hear you're doing well...wish I were closer to help you with the move. Your cards are wonderful!
Melis

Sandra said...

I'm so excited that I ordered the card kit this month along with my scrapbooking one. These cards are so inspirational, thank you

Leigh Penner said...

These all look fabulous, Danielle!
And I can't wait to see your PTI projects this month... I really missed seeing your posts for them last month! You're definitely one of my favourite PTI designers! :)

janelle said...

Using the front page of the paper pack to make a strip of the patterns... Brilliant!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such lovely cards!

Leigh Penner said...

These are all so lovely, Danielle!