Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Ruby Rose...

The Papertrey Ink team is back with a group post today to share ideas using a new stamp set coming out May 15th called Ruby Rose. If you love all things floral, you won't want to miss this one! Our assignment was to choose something that inspired us and create two things using that inspiration piece.
(inspiration piece)





I chose a patterned paper by Studio Calico that I wanted to replicate from their "Darling Dear" collection. I loved how the blue teal floral was surrounded by dark brown leaves and then the background looked as if it were painted in between the flowers with yellow paint, and I thought "Oooh! that would be pretty with stamps!"

First, using the new Ruby Rose stamp set, I stamped several of the flowers- large and small- in Aqua Mist ink and the leaves in Dark Chocolate ink. (See below.)

Next, I used a Harvest Gold reinker and just put a few drops of the ink onto a stamping block. I didn't have a paintbrush with me here in my temporary apartment, so I grabbed a paper towel, got it wet, and dipped a wet corner into the ink. Carefully, I painted in between the flowers with the corner of the paper towel. You'll want it to be wet, so it blends the ink, giving you that watercolor look. If you have a paintbrush on hand, you can just use that! :) I love the effect, isn't it pretty with the white around the flowers?


Last I added a sentiment from Ruby Rose, which is stamped onto the Limitless Layers 2.25" Oval die cuts and edged the side of the card with more of the Darling Dear paper.

Thank You Ever So Much card supplies:
STAMPS: Ruby Rose
INK: Aqua Mist, Dark Chocolate, Hawaiian Shores
PAPER: Rustic White cardstock, patterned paper (stripe) by Studio Calico

DIES: Limitless Layers 2.25" Oval Dies
OTHER: seam binding, button my My Mind's Eye (Boy Crazy line).
----------


The next card was also made with Ruby Rose stamps and dies, except this time I chose to focus on the die cuts as the focal point.
I wanted to play on the angle of the sentiment, so I stamped several of the flowers in Aqua Mist at an angle and leaves in Classic Kraft to mimic the inspiration piece above. Then I die cut some of the flowers with the Ruby Rose dies. I added a strip of Classic Kraft cardstock to mimic the angle of the sentiment and stamped a border onto the strip with the new Boutique Borders: Baby stamp set.The colors on this card took a different turn from the inspiration piece, but I love the Sweet Blush and Pure Poppy inks with the Aqua Mist and Classic Kraft.A Very Happy Birthday card supplies:
STAMPS: Ruby Rose, Boutique Borders: Baby
INK: Pure Poppy, Sweet Blush, Aqua Mist, Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream around edges
PAPER: Rustic White, Classic Kraft, other floral background- Studio Calico (Darling Dear Collection)
DIES: Ruby Rose
OTHER: seam binding, dimensional adhesive.
----------

Stop by the team blogs to see more with the Ruby Rose stamps:
Ashley Cannon Newell
Betsy Veldman
Cristina Kowalczyk
Dawn McVey
Erin Lincoln
Heather Nichols
Jessica Witty
Maile Belles
Melissa Phillips
Nichole Heady



17 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful!!!! Love these cards. Love how you so perfectly interpreted that SC patterned paper.

Leigh Penner said...

Gorgeous cards, Danielle! I'm just amazed at what wonderful projects you've been able to create in your temporary housing!

15pawsmom said...

Pretty cards. Thanks for all the detail on how you made them. Being really new to this craft, it really helped me learn some great new techniques!

Nancy Penir said...

Well I like your first card better than the inspiration paper! But the second card medallion is perfection with those colors and patterns!

BeverlyBL said...

Nice cards. I like your inspiration piece. Don't know if it's my eyes, the photo or if that stripe on the side of the Thank You card really looks like it has that dimension, but it's a really cool effect. I thought you did a great job with your makeshift paintbrush. And yes, thank you so much for all the detailed instructions you gave.

TLady said...

WOW!!!!!!!!! WHAT FABULOUS CREATIONS!!!!!!!!!! :) LOOOOOOOOVE the Master Board you've created!!!!!!! :) (Gotta a PEEK at the stamp set too!!!!! :) )

Gabby said...

Two terrific cards! Like the colors, stamping, inking, use of die-cuts ... fab! :)

Susan Gosman said...

Your cards are just beautiful - and very inspiring!

Melissa said...

Your cards are just so sweet Danielle. They shine and make me happy just as you do!
Melissa

Holly Saveur said...

Gorgeous cards!

Sharon said...

Beautiful cards! I really like the first one - what a fun design.

jintyoo7 said...

Fabulous, Danielle, and so impressed with your improvised "paint brush" :)

mn36 said...

gorgeous...can't believe how beautiful the black leaves are.

Grace said...

Love the cards. They are beautifully done. Thank you for showing how to get colour in between the flowers. Just the right touch

Grace said...

Love the cards. They are beautifully done. I really enjoyed how you placed the yellow ink in between the flowers. Just the right touch

Debra Miller said...

Great cards!

Kathy H said...

I like your cards better than the inspiration piece! They're beautiful!