Saturday, December 19, 2009

Nine favorites of 2009...

Last year I posted 8 of my favorite creations that I had done in 2008, and since I don't have anything new to share with you right now (I've been busy designing for the Craft and Hobby show in California this week), I thought I'd TRY to choose 9 of my favorites from the year! Please feel free to do this also, and link me to your favorite creations of the year that you've made! I would love to see them!
1.
Baby Topiary made for Dream Street.
I covered these empty ribbon spools with patterned paper,
and was so proud of myself for thinking up this wacky idea. lol
2.
Destination Home. This one really speaks for itself. My husband works an hour from home, so the girls are thrilled to see him when he gets back each day. I love this pic and the natural elements of the page.
3.
Baby Hanger.
Who can resist pink and babies?
I can't believe it's been 4 years since Kati was that small.
4.
The Greatest Love (being a mother).
The little tags open up and I wrote the girls each a note to read when they get older.
Love this technique on the top tag....
5.
1.2.3. Whee! These photos still crack me up! Such cute expressions.
Man, her hair was so curly and out of control when it was short! She makes me laugh every day.
6.
Fairy in Flight. She's still making me laugh...putting a spell on me. I don't know....something about this page makes me happy!
7.
Grateful.
Love the contrast to this page, and of course the family photos!
Never did I think 10 years ago that I'd be so lucky to have all of this.
8.
Moving Up. I just adore this page, it's shabby yet colorful at the same time, right up my alley.
Taylor is one cute girl and so smart. Don't forget sassy! I love her spunk - she looks so innocent in this picture and I wish she could stay that way forever.
9.
I Exist to Cre-8. This one was straight from the heart, just doing what I love!
Be sure to share YOUR 9 faves with me! Now go and CRE-8 something special for someone you love, or something just for yourself!

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

loved seeing your favorites, Dani!!! I am trying to go through my favorite photos of 09!

Bethany said...

what a great idea!!! & what beautiful creations!! I dont know how you narrowed it down to just 9!!!
i just wanted to tell u how much i ADORE the 'in flight' LO! it is my all time fave of yours!! I ♥♥♥ it so!!! after u posted that one here on ur blog & on the glimmer mist blog -- i went to their site & bought ALL of the supplies that you used on that LO!!! LOL!!! i have never used their stuff b4 -- but i had to have it after seeing that beautiful LO!!!its stunning!!! & I left a comment with my order telling them (because I actually bought directly from them) that the reason i was buying ALL THOSE specific supplies was because of YOUR layout :) & that they had made a fabulous choice adding u to their DT!! :)
thank you for all the beautiful inspiration!!!

Angie... by the said...

Hi Danielle! Love those projects and layouts. I'm going to have to scraplift some of those ideas...just stunning. I've had a link on my blog to yours for forever...you're so talented. Come visit sometime!

scrapanath said...

great stuff! i love to see it all again!

Erin said...

These are so beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing all the inspiration. I love the baby one with the frames...I am so scraplifting this as a gift for several of my prego friends!

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous work, Dani! I think I already had most of those saved to my favourites!
Merry Christmas to you!

Andrea Amu said...

Loved looking at some of your favorites and most greatest projects from the year, Dani! They are all wonderful and I can see why they are all your favorites. The baby hanger with the frames is pure sweet as sugar fabulicious! And I never saw the destination home page before but it's awesome!

Melonie said...

SO glad you have compiled this list to allow us to revisit your beautifully inspiring pages and projects. It made me smile. Happy Holidays Dani!!

Katie Watson said...

I would have a very hard time picking out my favorite creations of yours because I love ALL of your work so much!! I do love that topiary though, my jaw dropped when you emailed me the picture that one time....just gorgeous!

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog post, I think you know which blog post I mean....ummmmmm....yep, that one. I really appreciate it.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Stacy Cohen said...

I can see why these are your favorite!!!! Each layout/project is just as fabulous as the next! And what a great idea! I really need to do this on my blog this year!

Jenna Ruth said...

Beautiful creations!! I'm definitely going to go through my faves for this year!

Ally said...

This is a GREAT idea! I'm going to do this today too! Thanks for the inspiration! (oh and your faves - mmmmm, yummylicious!)

Elizabeth said...

What a great thing to do! I love doing things like this because they show us your fav's but also allow us to see one's that we might have not seen in awhile too!!! That's fun!

I know 2010 will bring about such wonderful and huge things too!!!! I can't wait!

Be blessed this holiday season Danielle! May you enjoy the time spent cherishing memories!!
e.

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful idea!!!! Each and every one of your sweet creations are always my favorites!! Have a very Merry Christmas with your family Dani!! Hugs, Char

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

What a great post! I will have to do this before the end of the year! Great projects all of them, but of course they would be!!! Everything you create is amazing! Merry Christmas Dani!!!

Keshet said...

Love the idea of collecting favorites! These are so lovely:)

Shirley said...

It's so fun to see your favs and love them all. My pick would be Destination Home. What an awesome photo and sweet memory.

Tracy said...

Really great projects! I was lucky enough to see your baby topiary in person in the DS booth - stunning! Love your idea of posting your top 9 creations. I plan to scraplift your exist to cre-8 LO. : )
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. ♥

Brenda Hurd said...

love your pics!! I always adore what you do with paper!

Debbie said...

these are all so beautiful !~ i would have to say the 'amber road mini album' was right up there with these. =)

Eva said...

Awwww...these are all beautiful, what a fabulous idea! That topiary is over the moon gorgeous!!! Hugs, Eva

Jenna Ruth said...

Thought this was a cool idea... I listed my faves on my blog:
http://jennifermanis.blogspot.com

Erica@ZunkyChic said...

I really like this idea and posted mine on my blog: www.zunkychic.com

Carole Beath said...

Your creations are breathaking!
Carole