Saturday, December 5, 2009

Snow is glistening...

We finally had snow on Saturday, it was a welcome site as it came down so gently! The girls ran out there in all their gear to enjoy it that afternoon, as they've been wondering when it would arrive. Me, I'm not quite as fond of the snow and cold...it's beautiful, but only if I don't have to go out in it. I'm much more of a warm weather person!

Today was my day to post for the Tattered Angels blog and I was to work with the Frosty Glimmer Kit and to use only what was in the box, unless they were household or vintage items. (I added the pearls, bells, sheet music that I found on-line and little snowballs to the front cover.) All of the chipboard pieces, snowflakes, brads, hinges, mists, sayings, blue paper, stencil and album come in the kit!

First, I misted the entire book with the Denim Blue Glimmer Mist. It's so sparkly in person! The book comes in a creme color, so I changed the pages to blue. After adding the sheet music and saying on the cover, I laid the snowflake screen down onto my book cover. I mixed up some Delta Texture Magic dimensional paint and used an old credit card to smooth it on over the stencil, then lifted the stencil off and let it dry. This gives you a negative print of the snowflake. The paint is pretty thick, almost like a paste. I added a little bit of white paint over the top of the dimensional paint, so it would show up better and some Diamond Dust to make the snowflake shine. (Click on photos to see up close.)
If you don't have dimensional paint, I'm sure gesso or spackling would work just fine. Here is a little tutorial on this dimensional paint technique that I've done in the past. You can use any sort of stencil.
On the inside pages, I just chose some photos taken last Feb. of my girls playing in the snow. I misted the some of the sayings with the Creme De Chocolat Mist from the kit and punched the paper from the kit into circles.
On this page, I did the dimensional paint technique again, then added my photo over the top...
These 2 pages were misted with the Denim Blue over the snowflake stencil. I can't get enough of this snowflake! LOVE it! I also painted the silver snowflake brad that came in the kit white, and added twine to the little hinge from the kit.
This page has a piece of vintage sheet music (the title from the sheet music page). I found this image on-line, cut the title off and tied 2 pieces of twine on before adhering it to the page. The girls were starting to make snow angels when I took this photo. I punched some of the sheet music into circles and sprayed with the Creme De Chocolat Mist from the kit.
I have only begun this album, but am loving how it's turning out. It has so many pages inside, that I could add a ton of pictures. Love that! I hope my girls will cherish this when they get older. Thanks for stopping by,

14 comments:

DeeDee said...

Love how you used the snowflake in different ways. :)

Anonymous said...

Danielle, that is gorgeous!!!

Ibolya said...

This looks soooo beautiful.
I,m sure the girls wil love it...

Sasha Holloway said...

you always make it do what it do boo. Love it

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Morag Cutts said...

Gorgeous album. I love the snowflake idea - I bet it all looks even better IRL.

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

This is gorgeous as always Dani!

Elizabeth said...

Danielle, first off SO cool that your class thingy sold out! :) I know that you'll have fun teaching that. I hope that you offer something like this again so I can participate and actually buy the stuff {I already pre-paid for the PP Cupid line before your class} and do your class next time!

Also, I love your album it's really cute! I just made a Christmas album myself {although I haven't taken any photos to put in it yet!}. Yours is so beautiful!! You rocked the TA stuff!

And I am right there with ya on the cold thing. I love the change in weather but don't like to be out in it or chilled to the bone.. ICK! :)

Have a great week!
e.

Erica H said...

gorgeous! I love all the elements you added to the cover.

Kay said...

Fabulous, Dani! Your girls will enjoy and cherish this album for many, many years! ♥♥ Kay

Raechelle Bellus said...

this is just beautiful! I am so inspired to create after looking at your wonderful work. I need to go in search of this template. :)

Tracy said...

my goodness, this is pretty!

Katie Watson said...

Stunning.................what more can I say? Just lovely!

melle said...

Hello from Germany!
Like your Blog - and this Winter Wonderland is so adorable!

Greetings
Melanie